FIOS DVR: Recording two shows and watching a 3rd
Dr_Hoads1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, I have one TV in the house and the basic DVR plan that can record two shows.  However, when my wife tries to record two shows and watch a 3rd it asks her to cancel a recording.  So, is the plan “really” a record one show at a time and watch one show?

If this is the case, I see that I can pay DOUBLE and upgrade to the 6 show plan just so we can record two.  However, I saw some technical info that said it only can record two shows per tuner?  Does that mean that since we only have one TV that even if we upgrade, we are still stuck only being able to record one show?

Thanks for any input.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS DVR: Recording two shows and watching a 3rd
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The older DVRs have two tuners. If you have two shows recordings it will have to be on one of the channels because it can only physically tune two channels at one time.

The newer DVRs have 6 tuner so you certainly can record two shows and watch a third. Now if you already have a  newer DVR you can just upgrade to Enhanced DVR. If you have an older DVR you will have to upgrade your boxes to FiOS TV One. What is your current DVR model?

View solution in original post

Dr_Hoads1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, I talked to a Verizon tech and got my answer.  The answer is Yes, the show you are currently watching counts as a "recording".  However, they said I can upgrade the plan even with one tuner and be able to "record" 3 shows.  

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The older DVRs have two tuners. If you have two shows recordings it will have to be on one of the channels because it can only physically tune two channels at one time.

The newer DVRs have 6 tuner so you certainly can record two shows and watch a third. Now if you already have a  newer DVR you can just upgrade to Enhanced DVR. If you have an older DVR you will have to upgrade your boxes to FiOS TV One. What is your current DVR model?