FIOS Mobile Remote Connectivity Error
jaytee1019
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I try to click on the TV Listings or DVR icons within the FIOS Mobile Remote droid app, I get an error message that's shown below. I tried rebooting the set top box. I tried updating/re-installing all Verizon apps. Still not working. How do I fix this? The app used to work fine.

Error Message:

"Connection error: javax.net.ssl

SSLException: Not trusted server certificate"

HWikipedia: H (named aitch plural aitches; or haitch in especially Hiberno-English) is the eighth letter in the ISO basic Latin alphabet.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Mobile Remote Connectivity Error
PJL
Master - Level 3

This sounds like an SSL state error type of issue or SSL certificate mismatch error.  It sounds wierd, but you might clear cookes (an all data for that matter) on the Android browser, and any other browsers you have.  I suspect apps actually use the underlying browser services of the operating system rather than creating from scratch those services for their network service.  Just a thought.

I just wish I could get the app to work on Android 4.2.2.  It works great on my Android 2.3.7, but not the newest Android OS.

jaytee1019
Enthusiast - Level 2

@PJL wrote:

This sounds like an SSL state error type of issue or SSL certificate mismatch error.  It sounds wierd, but you might clear cookes (an all data for that matter) on the Android browser, and any other browsers you have.  I suspect apps actually use the underlying browser services of the operating system rather than creating from scratch those services for their network service.  Just a thought.

I just wish I could get the app to work on Android 4.2.2.  It works great on my Android 2.3.7, but not the newest Android OS.

Thanks! I went to the browser settings and cleared cookies, history, cache, and form data. I then launched the FIOS Mobile Remote app and selected DVR. Got the error again. I selected TV Listings. Got the error there too.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@jaytee1019 wrote:

@PJL wrote:

Thanks! I went to the browser settings and cleared cookies, history, cache, and form data. I then launched the FIOS Mobile Remote app and selected DVR. Got the error again. I selected TV Listings. Got the error there too.

Sorry my suggestion didn't solve the problem.  I suggest you send an email to the app developers about your issue.  The address is listed in the Google Play Store in the app's description area.

0 Likes
jaytee1019
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for pointing that out! I didn't even realize there was a contact email address on the app's Play store page. I'll email them. Thank you.

0 Likes