FIOS TV Guide Not Working
Paradigm1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have my own internet router (Nest Wifi), and a MOCA bridge (Actiontec ECB6200), and a Verizon DVR and secondary STB. 

For the past few months, everything worked great.  Today the main DVR rebooted at some point during the day and it cannot access the TV guide.  I have rebooted the ONT, my router, the MOCA bridge, and the STB a number of times with no luck.  

Does anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

0 Likes
Re: FIOS TV Guide Not Working
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Paradigm wrote:

I have my own internet router (Nest Wifi), and a MOCA bridge (Actiontec ECB6200), and a Verizon DVR and secondary STB. 

For the past few months, everything worked great.  Today the main DVR rebooted at some point during the day and it cannot access the TV guide.  I have rebooted the ONT, my router, the MOCA bridge, and the STB a number of times with no luck.  

Does anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

You might need a Verizon router to re-authorize your VMS box. if they de-authorize, you have to use a Verizon router as the primary until they get authorized. You should also check the MoCa network and make sure all  connections and splitters are good.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

To expand on what clem53 said, the G1100 router can be purchased online (eBay). Owning one to have around to re-enable the Channel Guide after a reset might be worth considering. 🙂

Paradigm1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the tip on the G1100 router.

Would I be able to use that router bridged with my Nest Wifi routers to achieve TV Guide access, or would the G1100 replace the Nest Wifi router?   The Nest mesh coverage is great. 

Thanks

0 Likes
Paradigm1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, I checked all the connections and they are all tight. 

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Paradigm wrote:

Thanks for the tip on the G1100 router.

Would I be able to use that router bridged with my Nest Wifi routers to achieve TV Guide access, or would the G1100 replace the Nest Wifi router?   The Nest mesh coverage is great. 

Thanks

Yes, you can do a bridged setup, a lot of users do it that way.

Paradigm1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purchased a G1100 and installed it, but I still don't have a TV guide after rebooting the ONT, router, and the STB.  Any other ideas?

Thank you

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Paradigm wrote:

I purchased a G1100 and installed it, but I still don't have a TV guide after rebooting the ONT, router, and the STB.  Any other ideas?

Thank you

You need it to be the primary router, you can turn WiFi off, it HAS to have coax coming from the ONT to create the guide. It could come from a splitter, but make sure all splitters in the system are MoCa 2.0 compatible.

Paradigm1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, I didn't bridge the Nest Wifi router, I just disconnected it.

The setup is I have coax coming from the ONT, it splits and one connection is to the set top box, one is to the G1100.  The splitter is one that came from Verizon so I'm assuming it works.

The ethernet is coming from the ONT into the G1100 as well. 

I forgot to mention, but when I had the MOCA bridge installed previously, it was working fine since July and then all of a sudden it stopped updating the TV Guide and DVR.  I don't know why it just stopped suddenly. 

I rebooted the set top box and router and ONT a few times and it still wouldn't update the TV guide.   Not sure why it's doing this, it should be working. 

Thanks

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Paradigm wrote:

Thanks, I didn't bridge the Nest Wifi router, I just disconnected it.

The setup is I have coax coming from the ONT, it splits and one connection is to the set top box, one is to the G1100.  The splitter is one that came from Verizon so I'm assuming it works.

The ethernet is coming from the ONT into the G1100 as well. 

I forgot to mention, but when I had the MOCA bridge installed previously, it was working fine since July and then all of a sudden it stopped updating the TV Guide and DVR.  I don't know why it just stopped suddenly. 

I rebooted the set top box and router and ONT a few times and it still wouldn't update the TV guide.   Not sure why it's doing this, it should be working. 

Thanks

Sounds like it is hooked up correctly. Check that splitter though, it may be an older non-compliant one. Also look here and see if the network and box are detected properly: Main Menu > Customer Support > Top Support Tools > Connected Device Status. It should look something like this:

Also if you select the router in the diagram and hit the OK button on the remote, you'll get a troubleshooting menu for the router.