Re: FIOS TV Guide Not Working
Paradigm1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the info on the settings menu, I hadn't seen that before. 

I checked and the splitter is a new Verizon one and the label said it's MoCA compatible, so I trust it.

The router provides internet service fine, and the live TV is fine, but still no TV guide.

No errors also when I was in the settings menu on the STB also.

Any other thoughts?  I don't want to break down and rent the Verizon router from them.  I thought I had it figured out with the old MoCA bridge that was working for the past few months.

Thanks

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Paradigm wrote:

I checked and the splitter is a new Verizon one and the label said it's MoCA compatible, so I trust it.

The router provides internet service fine, and the live TV is fine, but still no TV guide.

Any other thoughts?  I don't want to break down and rent the Verizon router from them.  I thought I had it figured out with the old MoCA bridge that was working for the past few months.

Thanks

So, at this point, you have an all Verizon setup. ONT to splitter, splitter to 1100 router coax in, ethernet from ONT to 1100 WAN in, Splitter to Fios box to TV, right? The 1100 router you bought was Fios branded not Frontier right? If it WAS Frontier it will not work on Verizon's system. I'm not exactly a network guru, you might want to PM: https://forums.verizon.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/310029. He's very good at network issues. The Way you had it may have been upset by a firmware update, or a network reset that needed authorization from a Fios branded router. Also check this out: https://forums.verizon.com/t5/G1100-Bridging-Guide/bd-p/g1100-bridging-guide

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Paradigm wrote:

Thanks

You could also try: Main Menu > Customer Support > My Dashboard - IPCP2>Fix Fios TV Issues and see if that helps. And you can look at: Main Menu > Settings > System Information, go to page 2 and make sure all the status checks say connected.

Paradigm1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just an update:  I broke down and ended up renting the G3100 from Verizon,  and I still had issues with the TV guide not working.  They mailed me a new STB and that resolved the issue right away.  I might try to go back and re-install the G1100 or my original MOCA bridge when I have some time to troubleshoot this further.

I think the STB got into a weird state where it wasn't able to download any updates, and that was the root cause of the issue.

Thanks all for the help

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Paradigm wrote:

Just an update:  I broke down and ended up renting the G3100 from Verizon,  and I still had issues with the TV guide not working.  They mailed me a new STB and that resolved the issue right away.  I might try to go back and re-install the G1100 or my original MOCA bridge when I have some time to troubleshoot this further.

I think the STB got into a weird state where it wasn't able to download any updates, and that was the root cause of the issue.

Thanks all for the help

Thanks for the update!