Re: Technical problem
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have read all of the complaints people have.

But I like gs0b have not seen it (or very much).

I can watch TV for hours and never see it.
Then maybe once or twice, but it is gone.

So yes some people (the complaints are only a small percentage of total users) are having it worse than others.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS TV Skipping or Stopping for a fraction of a second
YNOTK

I just turned my tv on and my box said that it recieved an update. Watching now to see if the skip happens at all. 

2 min later.... still skipping Man Frustrated

0 Likes
Re: Technical problem
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

I follow all of the posts here and have seen the reports of issues  Regardless, you assertion that this affects all FiOS users is untrue.  I know of at least one user it doesn't affect; me.  Your assertion that this is a wide spread issue affecting all FiOS users is what caused me to respond - it's a statement based on conjecture, not fact.

Remember that people who don't have problems won't be posting about how happy they are, so we users have no way of really knowing how many people are seeing issues like this.

It's possible these problems are only on the new Quantum DVR system.  I'm using the older Multi-Room DVR system.  I've seen some complaints about Quantum.  It is a new system and it does appear that not all the kinks have been worked out based on the reports here.  Are you on Quantum?

Oh, and don't forget that this is a peer-to-peer forum.  Your requests for account credits and the like will not be seen by any one at Verizon.  If you want something from Verizon, you need to contact them directly, not post here.

TV service is not regulated by the government.  State PUCs won't step in.

Enjoy.

0 Likes
paul17011
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in northern NJ. I do have a DVR but do  not have Quantum but notice problem only on live morning TV (specifically TODAY show). My observation is on a TV connected to a box that is not the central dvr box. Approximatesly  once every half hour on the morning live show there is a hiccup, where a word/soundbite is repeated - Reminds me a little of one of the effects used for that MaxHeadroom character. I have not observed problem for prime time shows or on evening news shows.  

0 Likes
Snuffy95
Enthusiast - Level 1
Hey All possible solution. Having trouble with my Media Server. Turns out it may be any Coax splitters you have with your setup.

All of my splitters were Moca 1.0 (I had to wiki that). With the Quantum service you need to be Moca 2.0 in order for the service to work appropriately. I had 4 splitters total in my network all were replaced with Moca 2.0. Been working great since no hiccups.

Something to try hope it helps.
jfreund1

We installed FIOS just a few weeks ok.  We have also developed the same problem described by the previous postings. We are in Northern Jew Jersey. All our boxes are new and worked fine for the first 1-2 weeks. This problem seems to occur at all of our TV boxes. Clearly this is a system wide problem. This problem does not seem to affect our Internet connection. Nevertheless Verizon must attended to this problem.

0 Likes
scope1

Yes.  Every channel.  Only on live TV.  Is it defective equipment at home?  Or transmission problems?  Just started with Quantum equipment.

0 Likes
sighklr

Anyone notice that when the skipping happens - the display on the cable box changes from the current time to the current channel, then back to the current time??  The skipping is getting very annoying, and occuring on every channel.  Signed up for FIOS in October...already had to have the main box swapped out due to hardware failure, and now the skipping...

Yet another unhappy Pittsburgh customer..

0 Likes
Kanril77

Here in the Diamond Bar area in CA. Switched to Quantum a few months back, and about 3 weeks ago we have also been having problems on our HD channels with Skipping on live TV.  I had no issues prior with the old service, and it happens on all my TVs since the switch. its not a specific room. Pretty aggreviating when watch any of the games, especially hockey.

0 Likes
Harryda

I've had the problem the last day or so and it happens on both my TVs so it's not an isolated problem. I just installed an update prior to the problem showing up. 

0 Likes