Re: FIOS TV Skipping or Stopping for a fraction of a second
FromChinoHills

Same exact problem in Chino Hills.  Just upgraded to Quantum TV and now all 5 boxes hesitate and even jump back a second or so throughout viewing of live TV.  Very annoying.  Is there a fix?  Still looking for answer.

0 Likes
Stolog
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same issues, sometimes ever worse.

I finally got feed up with it and scheduled a service call last week.

The tech checked the signals and all was good in both directions.

Apparently there are still some issues with the software.  He told me that the next software update was "scheduled" for mid April which might fix it.

The official notification went out to the service techs on 2/26 about the issue according to him.  As part of the temporary fix Verizon is once again going to implement the revolviing off-hours reboot of the media server. So it sounds like another memory leak issue.

The one important thing he noted is that the current issue they are attempting to solve is identified by looking at the display on the media server when watching live TV.  When the skip, hesitates or reversing accures look at the display should switch from the time to the channel. If this is what you are seeing than that is the issue they know about and are working to fix.

If you don't see this happen notify Verizon because you may have a bad media server.

(At the ime I could not give him a clear answer because the family was too busy yelling at the TV to notice what the display was doing. After knowing about the issue I could see it happen.)

I ended up replacing the media server. Still waiting to see if things are any better.

To me the issue was more previlant when recording/viewing mutiple channels.

HTH

0 Likes
AnnieP21
Same problem here... I am amazed that Verizon could put out such a horrible product as that Quantum Router.. I also had that Actiontec.. Excuse spelling.. At least that router was more stable.
0 Likes
FloridaFiOS2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here for a couple of days now (greater Tampa area). Picture and sound scrambles for a few seconds and goes back to normal - also an issue with On Demand-shows which don't seem to work at all by staying scrambled...

BTW, I do NOT have Quantum...

0 Likes
ImStillaYankee
Enthusiast - Level 2
Same problems as everyone else here in Land O Lakes, FL.this is simply ridiculous. Have Quantum TV, 75mbps up & down. Last week it was Internet issues, only got 1-2mbps a couple of days.this week it's this skipping/freezing issue that's getting rapidly worse. I'd say a refund is in order Verizon and I'm going to starting filing official complaints about it too. starting with my local Representatives and ending with our PSC. Not that any of them care, but when the news media starts getting wind of problems like this all over the East Coast for over a month I bet the stuff will finally hit the fan.
0 Likes
FloridaFiOS2
Enthusiast - Level 2

@ImStillaYankee wrote:
Same problems as everyone else here in Land O Lakes, FL.

That's EXACTLY where I am as well. What a small world...Smiley Wink

0 Likes
JKCOOL
Enthusiast - Level 2

I suggest we try an experiment. When the skipping starts to get worse and worse, and odd things begin to happen check the memory of the Media Server (DVR) and remote box.  I noticed everything goes really bad when the memory left is in the two digits.

To get the  memory left,  point your remote at the box and hold the green D button for 5 seconds.  Just count by 1000s. Then release the D button.  A white screen should come up.  By default the 01 Diagnostics should be selected.  Press the OK button on the remote.  Using the down arrow on the remote select 08 Memory Configuration. Take note of the Memory Free and the Total CPU Load. Post the results to this thread.

Reboot any box that has less than 100Mbytes free. See if it improves.  Check every once in a while and see if the memory continues to decrease. See if the same pattern happens again when it gets low in memory.

Bruce

0 Likes
djmel
Enthusiast - Level 2

i live in new york and have same the problem

0 Likes
Jerry_Kurtz
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are having the same problem too, must be a Verizon problem. We are in Parkesburg Chester County Pa.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes