Re: FIOS TV Skipping or Stopping for a fraction of a second
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello all,

We are aware of the issue, it has been identified, and we will have a fix in place sometime this week 🙂

~Jess

0 Likes
WhiteBread

I contacted support about this issue earlier today. They could not fix it and are sending a technician out to look at the issue on Saturday. Based upon the "we are working on a fix" message from Verizon, it seems like a waste of time to have a technician come out.

It seems like there's a disconnect, though - shouldn't the support team know that this is a software problem?

Oh - just to climb on the train, experiencing the same issue here in suburban Maryland.

0 Likes
djs1960
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ive been having the same problem for the last couple of weeks here in Tampa. It seems to have started after that last software upgrade.  IT happens on ll boxes, not just the media server.  The frequency seemstp have increased significantly the last 2 days.

AceVentura

Got the same problem here in Virginia. FIOS -   what's up??

0 Likes
OldPhoneGuy30

Just got off a chat session with Sandeep.  He reset the main quantum box and claims that is a permanent fix.  For right now, it is working properly.  I don't know how permanent it is, but I would recommend a chat session to get your box reset and see.  He also claimed that the STBs need to be power cycled every so often.

0 Likes
jg555
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same problem here. According to the DSL Reports Verizon Forum it's a known issue and suppose to be fixed on the March 15th update. 

My question is here, if this is known issue why isn't a fix going out sooner than later.

0 Likes
kiwidrop
Enthusiast - Level 1
My skipping issues are seeming to be getting worse. Happening much more frequently now. I've reset my boxes and it doesn't make a difference. Hope verizon does figure out a fix this week, as mentioned in an earlier post.
0 Likes
Gigi_n_Lutz

Same very annoying issue here in Lutz, FL (near Tampa).  We just converted to FIOS Quantum and are very unhappy.  I timed these interruptions thinking a pattern may appear.  Counted 18 glitches in 44 minutes ranging from 30 second to 5 minute intervals and no clear pattern.  I agree with a previous post:  Why is Support not aware of the problem?

0 Likes
DSimoneaux
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just noticed this problem Wednesday evening here in the Dallas area, both on the server and remote boxes. The freezing happens every few minutes while watching live TV and is usually just a second or so, but a couple of times the picture froze for an extended time. I had to rewind and then fast forward to continue watching the program. I have also been noticing frequent delays in the boxes responding to key presses from the remote control and wondering if this might also be related to a recent SW update. Let's hope the fix is propagated this week as was stated in the message from the support person.

0 Likes
molsonman

same here in belleair bluffs fl. just got fios 2 weeks ago. not happy. i may not pay my first bill!!!!! not waiting til march 15th for a fix, that is why i just got rid of brighthouse, didnt show twice to fix a problem. i guess direct tv is next

0 Likes