FIOS Updates
tee1952

Our FIOS updates through the STB in the middle of the night. Is there anyway to have this update at a different time? It wakes us up when it updates and it freaks the dog out when it clicks on and off. We have a STB in the bedroom as well as 2 other rooms.

Can we schedule updates or is this a system wide action?

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Updates
matcarl
Master - Level 1
It's a system wide action and it's done overnight when many people aren't watching TV. It hardly makes any noise at all. I can't believe it would freak out your dog. It makes about 2 or 3 little clicks.
0 Likes
Re: FIOS Updates
tee1952

Thanks for the info. It also wakes me up so the clicks are loud enough for me to hear. It does freak her out, but has just started doing so the last 3 times it has updated so not sure if they are louder now or not.

I have always heard the updates even though she did not until lately. It annoys me to hear something that wakes me up because a lot of times I cannot get back to sleep. The first time I heard it I was not sure what it was until I looked at the STB and saw the display blinking. Weekends would sure be better for the updates rather than during the week when most folks have to get up early, but I guess I have to deal with it since it is a system wide update.

0 Likes