Re: FIOS Voice Remote no longer controls volume on receiver
2golftoday
Enthusiast - Level 3

Our Bose system doesn’t have CEC.  It’s a Lifestyle V30.  The TV has the CEC setting. Would this still work?

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

Give it a shot! You never can be sure. You should enable CEC in both the TV and the box .

2golftoday
Enthusiast - Level 3

We tried your suggestions from Support. Unfortunately, it still didn’t work.  Up until this latest update, 6.9, everything worked perfectly. We were able to control both the TV and audio receiver with the FIOS voice remote.  

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@2golftoday wrote:

We tried your suggestions from Support. Unfortunately, it still didn’t work.  Up until this latest update, 6.9, everything worked perfectly. We were able to control both the TV and audio receiver with the FIOS voice remote.  

Ok, I'll let support know and we'll see what they come up with next. Hang in there.

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@2golftoday wrote:

Please check your PM for a message.

Thanks.

0 Likes
2golftoday
Enthusiast - Level 3

I finally fixed it!  I had to manually enter in our audio receiver model number.  After that we are back to the way we were before.  Thank you for all of your help and support. 

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@2golftoday wrote:

I finally fixed it!  I had to manually enter in our audio receiver model number.  After that we are back to the way we were before.  Thank you for all of your help and support. 

Glad to hear you are finally over that! Just remember what you did in case it happens again!

V1231

When giving help, please don't use acronyms, like CEC.  Define them for those of us not working at some TV tech support place.

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@V123 wrote:

When giving help, please don't use acronyms, like CEC.  Define them for those of us not working at some TV tech support place.

Would you rather have me say Consumer Electronics Control?  CEC is what the function is called by most electronic manufacturers. Some use different names:

Trade names for CEC technology

Trade names for CEC are:
• 1-Touch Play (Roku)
• Anynet+ (Samsung)
• Aquos Link (Sharp)
• BRAVIA Link, BRAVIA Sync, Control for HDMI (Sony)
• CE-Link, Regza Link (Toshiba)
• E-link (AOC)
• EasyLink (Philips)
• Fun-Link (Funai, Sylvania, Emerson, Magnavox, Philips)
• HDMI-CEC (Hitachi)
• INlink (Insignia)
• Kuro Link (Pioneer)
• NetCommand for HDMI, Realink for HDMI (Mitsubishi)
• RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI) (Onkyo)
• RuncoLink (Runco International)
• SimpLink (LG)
• T-Link (ITT, Thomson)
• VIERA Link, HDAVI Control, EZ-Sync (Panasonic)
• CEC (Vizio)

So if you dont say the brand of your device in your question, its simpler to refer to CEC. Besides, we all know you know how to use Google.....

Also your user manual usually defines the manufacturer's name for CEC in the glossary.

0 Likes