Re: New Fios TV app on Amazon Fire 4K Stick - Error Code: 9-6-54-302-100
JohnnieG1

Same here.  Customer service rep says the new Fios TV One box is required to get the Fire stick to work. Am upgrading to that. 

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@JohnnieG wrote:

Same here.  Customer service rep says the new Fios TV One box is required to get the Fire stick to work. Am upgrading to that. 

That's not what Verizon has posted:

"Mix & Match Fios TV and Internet plans and Streaming Device Connection package are required. Streaming Device Connections are for in-home use only and require at least one installed Verizon Media Server or Fios TV One set-top box and one Fios Quantum Gateway Router or Fios Router."

So according to this, you can still use an 1100 series VMS as long as you have the newer streaming package and a Fios 1100 or newer router.

MicroJay2021

I’m at a loss. What does Verizon or I need to accomplish to get the Fire Stick to work?  I have called tech support and they are not sure. Called sales, and they tried to sell me the Stream TV for each tv ($69.99 each). 

I have a FiOS One receiver, gig network with Gateway 1100 and the latest Fire Sticks 4k max. I would like to downsize the number of STB’s I have. 

Any help appreciated!

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would try reaching out to support.

I find twitter the best way to do so @verizonsupport

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@MicroJay2021 wrote:

I’m at a loss. What does Verizon or I need to accomplish to get the Fire Stick to work?  I have called tech support and they are not sure. Called sales, and they tried to sell me the Stream TV for each tv ($69.99 each). 

I have a FiOS One receiver, gig network with Gateway 1100 and the latest Fire Sticks 4k max. I would like to downsize the number of STB’s I have. 

Any help appreciated!

According to the sales site:

"Mix & Match Fios TV and Internet plans and Streaming Device Connection package are required. Streaming Device Connections are for in-home use only and require at least one installed Verizon Media Server or Fios TV One set-top box and one Fios Quantum Gateway Router or Fios Router."

So according to this, you can still use an 1100 series VMS as long as you have the newer streaming package and a Fios 1100 or newer router.

You apparently need to call sales and get the required mix-and-match package and the Streaming Device Connection service.

MicroJay2021

Argh...I have Extreme HD package.  And with the "savings" I get with having the triple-play, I would be paying at least $70 more per month to have Firestick capability by switching to Mix & Match with comparable "selections".

0 Likes