Faster Way To Delete Program?
gail159

Hi,

I am new to FIOS and wondering if there is a faster way to delete a program than going into DVR, selecting recorded programs, clicking on recorded program, scrolling to delete, than answering yes to delete?  Is there really no delete button or some other way to avoid all the steps?  It doesn't seem right to me, I must be missing something.  I am used to Directv where it is much easier so I figure there must be a better way for FIOS, too.

Thanks for any help.

Gail

0 Likes
Re: Faster Way To Delete Program?
Keyboards
Master - Level 3
That is the only method for deleting a recording.
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Gail,

Since I have never had DirecTV I don't know how their's works. From you comments I assume that they have a Delete button; how do you get to the program you want to delete?

One sort-of shortcut exists with the FiOS DVR; while you are watching a recording, if you hit the stop button on the remote BEFORE the recording actually ends (while it is showing the credits perhaps, and you can hit the OK button to see how much time is left) then you will be given several options, one of which is Delete.

I know the above doesn't meet your requirement, but maybe it helps a little. And I really would be interested in how you do it with the DirecTV DVR. Thanks....

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
gail159

Thanks for the info Justin.

With Directv, there is a list button that takes you directly to recorded programs.  You just click on the program or even a group of programs and hit the delete button.  It then asks if you really want to delete to prevent accidental deletions.  Or you can delete directly on the program you are planning to record from the guide.  There are alot of shortcuts that make Directv more user friendly.  I'm sure I will get used to FIOS.  Nobody likes a change when you are used to one way. Although, so far, if I had a choice, I would definitely choose Directv.  I live in So. CA and we can watch alot of the 10 pm. shows at 7 pm.  Supposedly you can do that with FIOS also, but I have only found that to be true with HD channels and the place I am living now does not have HD. 

Gail

0 Likes