FiOS Mobile v2.3 for iPad
KeithWeisshar
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why does the Device ID in the FIOS Mobile v2.3 app settings change every time the iPad is erased to factory defaults and reconfigured as new using Settings, General, Reset, Erase All Contents and Settings and then the FiOS Mobile App is reinstalled from the App Store.  This app uses the Device ID for Flex View authorizations and there is a limit of 5 devices per account, (all STB's plus 4 other devices including computers and mobile devices).  There is a limit of two device deauthorizations per calendar year and also a limit of two deauthorizations and reauthorizations of the same device per calendar year.  If I erase the iPad and reinstall this app the same iPad will be considered as a new device and will no longer be authorized for Flex View.  If I run out of deauthorizations the app becomes useless until the next calendar year.  What should I do if this happens as a result of erasing the device to factory defaults and then reinstalling it.  The iPad also has a UDID listed in iTunes which does not change at all even if the device is reset but iOS 7 no longer allows apps to use the UDID to identify the device.

0 Likes