FiOS WD FiOS DVR Expander with Correct IMG and Motorola 7216
strain03

Purchased the WD DVR Expander with correct # (as indicated on the FiOS TV Central site). Have the correct version of the IMG and a Motorola 7216 STB. Hooked up the DVR Expander and followed all of the steps to enable more storage (which included a few reboots of the STB). Won't recognize the Expander -- Called the FSC -- unable to locate issue -- also used In Home Agent and did whatever I could do on the STB to try to resolve -- still cannot get the STB to recognize the new hardware. Any suggestions??

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: FiOS WD FiOS DVR Expander with Correct IMG and Motorola 7216
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

To rule out it being a problem with the drive, please connect this drive to your computer and see if the computer can use it and copy files to it.

bc391

i am having the same issue. i can not connect to a computer to check the drive, as the model recommended by verizon is eSATA only WDBACS0010HBK-NEVZ

the drive powers up and i can hear it spinning, it just wont be recognized by the dvr

0 Likes
sth103

I am having very similar problem. New Western Digital Model# WDBACS0010HBK. Worked briefly (was recognized) then no longer recognized by DVR. Multiple reboots, power cycles, etc. but no luck. Disk is lit up and spinning. Replaced with a second Model# WDBACS0010HBK and same issue. Hard to believe two disks in a row have gone bad, but ???

0 Likes
Rocky18
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had the same problem. My fix, I just held the power button on the drive and up poped the message that a unknow storage device has been found. Do you want to Accept or Reject this device. I hit accept. Drive is now connected. Go to DVR in the main menu scroll to settings "Expanded Storage" Format the drive and done. It's actually working better then the internal drive. By the way this is with the WDBACS0010HBK-NEVZ 1t With the AV option

NickN3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too had this problem (WDBACS00110HBK-NEVZ -- 1TB Western Digital My Book Verizon) and the solution from Rocky18 worked. However, it took several tries of pushing and holding the power button before I got the screen prompt. I'm not sure exactly what I did that made it finally work, but it did. Holding the button in for a very long time, as I did initially, did not seem to do the trick. I found nothing on the WD site for this particular drive except a copy of the quick installation guide, which is 2 small pages with four drawings, no text.

0 Likes
XLR

I had the very same problem and eventually (After lots of troubleshooting including replacing my DVR) exchanging the external WD expander solved my problem.  Of course the replacement DVR has a 500GB HD so I no longer really need the external drive after all that trouble.  I believe the HD's have a three year warranty from WD.  I learned the hard way after loosing several months of HBO movies stored up for winter viewing!

0 Likes
lsfields

I bought an approved WD AV drive and simply cannot get the DVR to recognize it. I have the correct IMG and a Motorola 7216, too. I really don't know what to try now that I've gone through every possible fix I could find in the forums and blogs. The drive is definitely functional. Any new ideas?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

last time I had the problem, I had to reboot the router first, and then the set top box, and then try to install the expander, and it worked after both reboots, but not after only rebooting the set top box.  

0 Likes
billnet21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Rocky18

Tried your solution.  Pressed the POWER BUTTON.

After a few tries - worked.

Thanks much !!!

0 Likes