Fios TV App on Android
bsuskind
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon recently updated the app on Android. Nicely setup, but a major issue is when you access the guide, whatever channel is set will start playing immediately. No choices to not play. This is bad etiquette as I am mostly going in to the app to schedule a recording when I am away from home. Rather embarrassing to have my phone start playing a show when I am not alone.

Please fix this.

I've seen similar complaints in the Google Play Store and I've added one there too. However, Verizion isn't reading user's comments.

0 Likes
Re: Fios TV App on Android
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@bsuskind wrote:

Verizon recently updated the app on Android. Nicely setup, but a major issue is when you access the guide, whatever channel is set will start playing immediately. No choices to not play. This is bad etiquette as I am mostly going in to the app to schedule a recording when I am away from home. Rather embarrassing to have my phone start playing a show when I am not alone.

Please fix this.

I've seen similar complaints in the Google Play Store and I've added one there too. However, Verizion isn't reading user's comments.

Go here and register the problem. It's a direct line to tech:

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

bsuskind
Enthusiast - Level 1

nice, but I looked at DSLreports and there are already plenty of complaints about this app.

apparently Verizon doesn't listen to customers

0 Likes
Sodor4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem on iOS. I’ve lodged tons of complaints but they fall on deaf ears

- the remote doesn’t work anymore and is missing tons of buttons

- the “manage DVR” section doesn’t show you all the episodes of a show you’ve recorded and you can no longer play recordings on the tv

- the guide doesn’t show what’s show what’s set to be recorded anymore

- as you said, the guide’s autoplay video is completely obnoxious and the scrolling is awful, hard to scroll to the future and the momentum is wrong

Really just an embarrassment of an app that has reduced the value I get out of an already-overpriced service.

0 Likes