Re: Fios TV app not allowing me to watch certain channels
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@slippery wrote:

500-549

Those are reserved for local channels. Many times they will not let a provider stream content, which is what sounds like is happening here. They expect you to get them OTA or use their streaming apps. If you can watch them through the Fios box, then there is no technical issue.

Fargol

I was on chat a few weeks ago, trying to explain to the ... person ... on the other end, that while I could not view certain channels (CBS, PBS, MSG, SNY, YES among others) on my PC desktop or laptops, it worked fine on my iPad and Phone (and the TV itself).

Now, tonight, when I try and view MSG on my iPad (which has worked up to now) it's giving me the nonsensical "switch to set top box in the settings". Incredibly frustrating, and personally, it's borderline fraud based on how the advertise the product. I'd switch back to Xfinity, except THEY decided to drop MSG*.

Is there any provider that actually doesn't lie about the services it says it provides?

0 Likes
amid1
Enthusiast - Level 2

There are problems everywhere. These are set aside for local channels. They frequently refuse to allow a provider to broadcast material, which appears to be the case here. Instead, they want you to acquire them over the air or through their streaming apps. There is no technical problem if you see them using the Fios box.

0 Likes
Fargol

So those channels are specific as to whether I'm using FIOS or Xfinity?

Because I never had such issues when I had Xfinity. I could view all those channels I listed (MSG, YES, etc) perfectly fine on my PC and laptops but can't with FIOS.

And just to clarify, when I'm in the Guide on FIOS, all channels but the ones I listed have the "Watch" button, and the other ones don't. No message like "You're not allowed to watch that channel on this PC but we're letting you watch it on your iPad and Android phone".  

0 Likes
Stevef3NJ
Contributor - Level 1

I am out of town and I am getting the same response.  It is letting me record the program,  but not stream it live.  I thought that the fios app was an alternative to having a box.  How can it be, if you can't watch certain channels?  The channels I receive are good quality, I must say, but I want the channels that are in the package I purchased.

0 Likes
jclark42796
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had an issue last night watching the Caps period 1 (ch 576).  Went back to watch period 2 and the app said "Content not available".  Tonight trying to watch the Mets/Nats on 577.  Got the useless "set-top" box message.  Uninstalling the app and reinstalling fixed the issue.

0 Likes
Degra57

I feel the exact same way! And can't find anything or one to help resolve this problem. Verizon needs to do better on assistance with this app and it's issues. This only happens for me on the FireStick My Fios TV App, but when using app on phone channels all work just fine.

0 Likes
WAWalsh

Same problem and it is a difference between watch FS1 which was fine and Fox, which is prompting the message.  As location and system has not changed, the difference is in the channels.  This is ruining the ability to watch the World Cup and there should not be a problem with a basic channel.

0 Likes
DDOhj4039hd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon is waiting for the whole "cell phone" phenomenon to catch on before dedicating resources to what they call "applications". They're looking into the possibility of providing these "apps" to people that function similar to your BetaMax or VHS VCR, where content can be recorded or taped and then actually played back onto a handheld device directly without having to connect any RCA or coax cables anymore! Slated for release in 2026 with limited support.

You need to fix your apps. Alexa, Google, iOS, Android interfaces are all years behind and non-functional with no response from support teams. Now you're going to release a streaming device? Is it going to be as good as your apps? If so, probably ought to rethink it if you're not going to get serious about it.

One day, they might even respond to these boards.... 🙄

0 Likes