Fios TV app not compatible with FireTV stick
ccoager1

Not sure what the correct forum is to post this but hoping this reachs the correct team.

I have reviewed the Fios TV App support page, https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/mobile/fios-tv-app

On what devices is the Fios TV app supported?
The following mobile devices, smartphones and tablets, are supported: iOS devices running iOS 9 and higher Android devices running Android 4.4 and higher Amazon Kindle and Fire devices running Android 4.4 and higher
The following devices are not supported: Some Android devices with the Intel Processor Blackberry 1 Kindle Gen 1 and Gen 2

According to this support page, the FireTV devices should be compatible.  They are running FireOS 5 which is based on Android 5.x.  They are not listed under the devices not supported section.  When I browse Amazon's app store for the Fios TV app, https://www.amazon.com/Verizon-Services-Corp-Fios-TV/dp/B07CGNSWMC/ref=sr_1_2, the Fire TV stick is listed as not compatible.

So what is the deal? Why is the information conflicting?

0 Likes
Re: Fios TV app not compatible with FireTV stick
jonjones1
Legend

Possibly the fire stick was updated and no longer functions properly until Verizon makes changes. This is just a guess.

It happens when manufacturers update firmware or even hardware and it ceases to function properly after said updates.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

FIOS App is designed for tablet and cell phone devices.

So it may not work on FireStick (I don't think it works on AppleTv).

Idea I believe is not to give you a STB alternative.

0 Likes
Skinsfan405
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have several Amazon devices including the Fire TV, 4 Firesticks, Cube, and 4 tablets. Why are we not allowed to download the Fios TV app on them when the website says it available on Amazon? I mostly need it on my Fire Sticks

0 Likes
Termain
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you download the Aptoide app and Apps2Fire... You can upload the Verizon FiOS TV App to your FireTV or Amazon Fire stick. You will also need the mouse toggle app installed in order to manuever the app since TVs are not touch screen like your cell phone is. I no longer need a Set Top Box since I use the FiOS TV app which saves $$$$ imageVoila!

imageFiOS TV App

imageVerizon FiOS TV on Smart Tv

imageDetroit Beating New England

JRTEMT
Contributor - Level 2

Yes yes yes.

I am looking for set-up into for smart tv directly to coax. Refuse to pay Verizon another set-top box rental fee! New Visio tv....plugged in coax but it's Wi-Fi not connecting 50ft away from router???? Any ideas?

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@JRTEMT wrote:

Yes yes yes.

I am looking for set-up into for smart tv directly to coax. Refuse to pay Verizon another set-top box rental fee! New Visio tv....plugged in coax but it's Wi-Fi not connecting 50ft away from router???? Any ideas?

Vizeo TV’s wifi connections are horrible. You will probably have to hard wire to the TV to the router with ethernet.

Termain
Enthusiast - Level 2

He is correct ... *Vizio Smart TVs do not have great reception for Wifi. You might want to move the router into the same room as your television. I'm using a Toshiba 4k and the router is upstairs. Good luck and your correct $12.00/per box is crazy. Happy cord cutting

0 Likes
Direwolf2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon is going to make sure the app is not functional on anything you can plug into your TV, because that would cost them $$$ they could get renting set-top boxes.  It won't run on an Xbox or Playstation either.

Ironically, most of the channels are unwatchable on a mobile device unless you are connected to your home router, rendering the app mostly useless.

Verizon uses it as a marketing tool. It is NOT designed to improve customer experience.

Javalin

Just today I switched from Optimum to Fios. I specifically asked if the Fios app worked on my Amazon Fire Stick? I was told absolutely yes.

I searched via my stick...no app

Am I screwed?

0 Likes