Fios Using own Router updated setup?
SplitTheNit

Hi everyone. I have been using my current setup for 2 years. Asus router as main, with my old g1100 as a bridge to act as a MoCa adapter for the STBs (Set Top Boxes). I am trying to reduce my bill and only really need one TV with "live" TV for sports. So I was planning to just use the Fios App through the Firestick on the rest even if there is a delay. My worry is that currently I cannot use the Fios App...I assume I need Fios TV One. Even then, since I have my own router will this even work or am I stuck paying for the boxes to have TV working unless I ditch the Asus or get a g3100?

Also, has there been any updated setups to help with functionality that is normally lost with using your own router?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Tags (5)
0 Likes
Re: Fios Using own Router updated setup?
SplitTheNit

I have tried it but I can stand how delayed sports are. It is like 1 minute+ with hulu tv and I don't think it can be reduced. But I do feel like I might have to just eat it up cause the Fios TV is so expensive with all the extra fees (regional fees, box rentals) on top of the expensive tv bundles. The STB rentals are extremely overpriced. Those are like $50 devices max.

0 Likes
Re: Fios Using own Router updated setup?
SplitTheNit

Actually I just tested it with a live MLB game and it was only about 25 seconds. If it is consistently under 30 seconds I could live with it

0 Likes