Re: Flashing Green Light on Verizon Fios One Main Box?
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jrhuggs wrote:

Yep - worked....but about 2 minutes later, the light started blinking again. 🤔 😢

Ok, so for some reason your box is not accepting the update that is being pushed. Hopefully you are using the Fios Quantum Gateway as primary router because it has to be to get updates. My only suggestion now is to call Fios support and ask them to push the update to your box. Dont settle for a "we cant do that" excuse , they can as others here have reoprted.

Re: Flashing Green light on fios one mini box
Prez3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went into the menu on the main box and removed the affected mini as you suggested. Added the affected mini back and the green flashing light is gone. Thank you so much. I spent weeks rebooting and disconnecting my router and mini with no success. Your fix stopped that annoying green flashing light. Thanks again.

0 Likes
Re: Flashing Green light on fios one mini box
Prez3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I thought that worked but the darn flashing green light came back on after 10 minutes. However, I did find the solution. I went into the affected TV One Mini menu to; customer support>internet >reset your router and that fixed the problem. No more blinking left green light on my TV one mini. Only took me 2 weeks to figure that out 🤪

dmpj

What did the Verizon rep actually tell you how to reboot the box. Green light has been on for 3 days and driving me crazy. 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Highlighted

clem53_1-1588250685156.pngdmpj
Contributor

Message 24 of 25
(18 Views)

What did the Verizon rep actually tell you how to reboot the box. Green light has been on for 3 days and driving me crazy. 

Try this: menu>customer support>internet >reset your router .

If that doesnt work, try: menu> customer support> Top support tools>reboot set top box. If even that doesnt work, unplug the mini from the wall. Unplug the coax or wifi cable to it if wired. Powercycle the router by unplugging it for at least 3 minutes, then plugging it in. After the router is fully up, plug the minis power in, then the wire going to it. If still no joy contact support on @VerizonSupport via Twitter is always the fastest way to get support followed by the Fios Facebook page, Chat, followed by dslreports.com and youtube and the very last should be the 800 number. Tell them they need to push the latest update to your box manually.

0 Likes
DocHowie1

I am having the same problem for the last four days and there is no information on Verizon FiOS Site or did the on-line chat address the issue. I’ve reset the box and router (per suggestions) and it still persists.  

normally everything normal is a steady white light.  It is steady white on the 4 other boxes.  Only the primary has the issue.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@DocHowie wrote:

I am having the same problem for the last four days and there is no information on Verizon FiOS Site or did the on-line chat address the issue. I’ve reset the box and router (per suggestions) and it still persists.  

normally everything normal is a steady white light.  It is steady white on the 4 other boxes.  Only the primary has the issue.

The flashing green light means there is an update that needs to be downloaded, or is partially downloaded. Sometimes powercycling the router will force the box to re-try the download and clear the box. If that doesn't work, and you tried powercycling the box too, contact support on one of the options in the post above to have them push the update through.

0 Likes
Josh210

Thank you as this worked perfectly.   Tried unplugging router and cables a couple of times.   Was about to toss it out the window!

0 Likes
Josh210

@RICHG1 wrote:

Tried everything above, no help, still flashing green.  So before calling Verizon and possibly waiting on hold for an hour, I hit menu on remote and went to customer support, scroll to top support tools over to reboot fios TV one and in about one minute issue of blinking green light fixed. 

Thanks for posting as unplugging did nothing!   This worked perfectly.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Josh2 wrote:

Thank you as this worked perfectly.   Tried unplugging router and cables a couple of times.   Was about to toss it out the window!

What worked for you for future reference?

0 Likes