Re: Fois 1 remote does not work volume or turn on/off the TV
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Kylep1213 wrote:

Mine was working fine but then the TV prompted me to re-sync. Ever since, the volume won’t work. I now have a new volume bar that doesn’t change the volume. They tried rebooting 3 times, resetting the remote, manual and auto set ups and still doesn’t work. 

Does the new volume bar say fixed or manual in front of it? If so you are seeing the volume bar for the Fios box. That shouldn't be there, so check in the audio menu of the box, make sure Fixed is chosen, make sure the option to show the bar is not chosen, hit ok, reboot the box. It should work.

Kylep1213

I have it on fixed. It only pops up when I click volume up or down on Verizon remote. Is there a particular menu to shut off it coming up on the screen? For the reboot, do you mean just unplug and plug in or a specific reboot in the menu?

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

In the Fios menu in audio there should be an option to show the volume bar. Turn that off. Problem is your remote is trying to change the volume on the Fios box, not the TV. You have to reprogram the remote to use the TV to control the volume. When I say reboot, I mean turn off the box then turn it back on 30 seconds later.

MK2614

I have the same issue. the new remote does not change the volume, it actually turns it off instead. I can't get around it. 

The up volume changes input, the down button turns tv off.

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@MK2614 wrote:

I have the same issue. the new remote does not change the volume, it actually turns it off instead. I can't get around it. 

The up volume changes input, the down button turns tv off.

So you are saying the Fios one remote changes the channel when you hit the volume up key, and turns off the TV when you hit the volume down key? Do the voice commands work properly?  Have you tried wiping out the remote and doing a manual install?

Fios TV One Remote stopped working - volume and on/off
SM22

Yesterday, for some unknown reason, my remote stopped controlling the volume and the on/off for my TV.  It is an RCA LED (Model #LED32B30RQD).  I have tried resetting the box, the remote, the audio (Fixed/Variable), re-pairing the remote, manually configuring by brand, etc. without success.  It worked fine on Sunday (and for the prior 6 months) and something changed by Verizon.  Any ideas or suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Fios TV One Remote stopped working - volume and on/off
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

Try pulling the batteries out of the remote for 15 minutes or so. You might have to reprogram it after, not sure. Also unplug TV for the same 15 minutes. Does the original remote for the TV still work?

Ladyblessings1

Still didn’t work

0 Likes
Ladyblessings1

That’s the issues I’m having 

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

What firmware version do all you folks have? Sounds like there may be a problem with 6.8 that is causing this. Please post your firmware version here and go to:

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

And report it there too.