Re: Fois 1 remote does not work volume or turn on/off the TV
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

Message 30 of 31
(131 Views)

I’ve done this step about 25 times, even before posting in here. Doing those steps and not getting the desired results is what led me here to begin with. 

Can you try this recommendation from support?

Could you please confirm if the setup is like [STB -> XBOXOne -> TV] & if it is, then the suggestion is to change it to [STB -> TV -> XBOXOne].

Thanks

Kaykay31
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same issue...did every single step and nothing. Samsung t.v. controls everything but the volume. 

Janefoe484
Enthusiast - Level 3

As others are reporting, TV prompted to reset.  Prior to this it would repeatedly change input on the TV and I would have to reset it. So when that stopped was elated but quickly disappointed to see I now can't control volume, so I still need the TV remote. This is really ridiculous 

0 Likes
Recent update and FiOs remote suddenly won't control power or volume
Janefoe484
Enthusiast - Level 3

After working to control power and volume for the past 4 months (although randomly changing the input selection) now the FiOS remote won't control the power or volume on my TV.  I've tried reprogramming a million times.  This seems to be a widespread problem not specific to any particular brand.  I have a Sceptre tv.  In the middle of watching a show, I was prompted to reprogram the remote and then it stopped working.  The only function the FiOS remote controls now is the channel. I need the TV remote to power it and change volume. 

0 Likes
Re: Recent update and FiOs remote suddenly won't control power or volume
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Janefoe484 wrote:

After working to control power and volume for the past 4 months (although randomly changing the input selection) now the FiOS remote won't control the power or volume on my TV.  I've tried reprogramming a million times.  This seems to be a widespread problem not specific to any particular brand.  I have a Sceptre tv.  In the middle of watching a show, I was prompted to reprogram the remote and then it stopped working.  The only function the FiOS remote controls now is the channel. I need the TV remote to power it and change volume. 

Support is very aware of the problem and is trying to find a solution. Hang in there. If your TVs remote can be programmed I'd try to set it up to control the Fios box for now.

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

OK people with problems, here is the latest suggestion:

Another thing we would like the user to try would be to try and pair his working remote from one of his IPCs to this VMS STB where he is currently seeing the issue and see if that works.
Would be best to first invoke reset programming on his working remote, followed by invoking Play/Pause+0 from his remote once in direct vicinity of the VMS to pair.
That would help us rule out if he is seeing a remote issue or a box issue.

Please give this a shot and post your results.
Thanks.
Janefoe484
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have NO clue what any of this means...you need to re-state with specific instructions and without using acronyms...

0 Likes
Fios TV One Voice Remote Not Changing Volume
rams_sharpe
Enthusiast - Level 1

For some reason I was prompted a week ago to reprogram my remote to my tv and I discovered today that it doesn't actually work (outside of being able to power down the tv). I've tried the auto setup and manual setup with the model number for my TCL Roku TV. Anytime I hit the vol up/down or mute button I get the FIXED volume bar native to the STB. Any help would be appreciated

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Janefoe484 wrote:

I have NO clue what any of this means...you need to re-state with specific instructions and without using acronyms...

In other words they want you to try the remote from your mini with the main fios box.

You have to un-pair the main  remote first, by going to: menu>settings>voice control >program Fios Voice remote >Reset remote setup. Then with the remote from the mini, physically close to the main box, press:Play/Pause+0. That should pair the remote from the mini to the main box. Let us know if the remote now  works correctly using the remote from the mini.

Janefoe484
Enthusiast - Level 3

What on earth is a mini? 

0 Likes