Re: Forward Skip Button Reverses
atherworld

Same thing. At firts it seemed I'd be thrown back at 75% of what I've watched. The last time, yesterday, I noticed it threw me back to a point where I had previously replayed several times in a row I'm not sure how the DVR made it out of testing with this obvious flaw.  Shame the only solution is, whatever. We'll fix it, eventually.

0 Likes
lonestardallas

This is a very annoying problem especially when you don't know if it is going to happen or not.  The whole reason for a DVR is to pre record and skip through the commercials at a time that is convenient for the viewer. And I actually took the bait that Quantum TV was considered an "Upgrade". Can I go back to the old DVR boxes until Quantum is working acceptably?

0 Likes
SCTexan1
Enthusiast - Level 2

A couple of times with mine, I press skip (forward) and it jumps to a postion back, far more than the 30 seconds it's set for.  I then fast forwarded, watched for a few minutes, hit skip forward again and it jumped back to same position as before.  I ended up having to cut off the unit to make it lose it's memeory of that spot.

0 Likes
SJoeG

The problem is showing sloved but I didn't see a solution anywhere and the problem still exists on my system.

0 Likes
rstambo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

I'm just curious why this is makred solved.  Its "solved" because its a bug, but the issue remains.

My personal opinion is that these posts that are marked "solved" without actualy offering a fix is misleading and confusing when try to search out information here.

Not trying to be negative, but offering opinion...perhaps a tag that dosent say "solved" but "known issue" or "bug"

Thanks

Ron

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure why that particular solution is marked solved.

But the software release that came out yersterday am was reported to have corrected the issue.

0 Likes
rstambo
Enthusiast - Level 3

BTW, its not just this post, there are a few of them here marked solved that really are bug issues.

Anyhow, so there was a release yesterday???  Nothing here indicates that so I was kinda shocked but now hopeful...

Anyone seeing anythign different?  

0 Likes
Britrock

This error / bug has returned. What was the solution?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes