Re: Fox Soccer in HD
lancers1
Enthusiast - Level 2

@tap1966 wrote:

AT&T adds Fox Soccer Plus in HD. List of TV providers without FSC HD grows shorter - don't want to go back to cablevision but this is ridiculous.

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=19083&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=31620&mapcode=consumer

Offered locally as part of the sports pack for 7 bucks per month. I was forced to buy HD Soccer from cable for 1 TV. I would hope Verizon gets HD up and running by the end of the Summer at the latest or I will be forced to go back entirely to my cable provider.

0 Likes
BadaBing1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fox Soccer HD fans,

I was told by FiOS Fox Soccer HD is allegedly already on the list of upcoming channels to be offered as #6, however please join me in voting by clicking on vote button by following the link below --> click vote button on upper left side, I'm hoping it might become available earlier if we all vote

Thanks

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/Soccer/idi-p/233315

Let's bring the Fox Soccer Channel HD to FiOS!!!

0 Likes
Spanky17
Yes. PLEASE...add Fox Soccer Channel in HD!!!
0 Likes
ScottM
Enthusiast - Level 3

As an FYI, Verizon has not even been capable of providing all regional sports in the Baltimore area in HD as does Comcast and the Sat providers.  In the Baltimore area we’ve suffered through O’s and Nats games in substandard SD. Not with Comcast and Sat providers.   There still no word if we will get MASN2 HD.  It will be interesting.  Has the demand for soccer surpassed MLB?  

Verizon has issues.  They have invested is an awesome fiber to the home network.  Yet they are handcuffed with substandard, obsolete cable technology with in-home STBs and their VHO and Central Office equipment.  Am I missing something?

I still do not understand why some DC markets received MASN2 HD in the 2010 MLB season while Baltimore area did not.  And still no word on 2011.  ARRRGH!!!!

0 Likes
kabloom123
Enthusiast - Level 1

In responding to the repeated requests to broadcast FSC on HD, Verizon repeatedly makes the point that soccer viewership doesn't compare to other more popular content and channels.  I suppose this may be true for individual households, but its definitely not true for anyone who's been to an urban bar recently.  Just yesterday, I saw the Champion's League being broadcast during happy hour in a crowded DC bar.  I know that soccer is regularly broadcast in other bars across DC, and I suspect its true in many places where Verizon offers cable service.  I doubt there's the same cry for a few of the channels currently broadcast in HD: Pets.TV, Cars.TV, Outdoor Channel, Palladia, World Fishing Network.  And, comparing one sport for another, I have to think soccer viewship in the US now far exceeds that for tennis, but in my neck of the woods the Tennis Channel is broadcast in HD!  Get with the times Verizon!

0 Likes
levir1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please, please, please.

Please.

Please add FSC HD.

0 Likes
Fox Soccer in HD - PLEASE
IrishRI
Enthusiast - Level 2

I made this post on some other forum but here it is again.

I entered the FiOS world yesterday finally switching from Cox in RI.

One of my main reasons for having television at all and forking over $100 a month is my love of the Beautiful Game which for those who may be ignorant to the fact is the World’s Number One Sport by a country mile.

With FiOs being advertised as being the best in the business I unwittingly assumed that I would have FSC is HD like  my many friends and co-workers who have it with other service providers so you can imagine my disappointment yesterday when I tuned into the Man United v Marseille game to be greeted by a substandard blurry broadcast despite a “HD” logo being cleary displayed in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

I don’t understand why the “HD” channel is not available when there are so many other crazily obscure channels being broadcast in HD.

Soccer is a growing sport in the U.S. and is closing in quickly on the traditional big five.

It is in fact the number one Most Played Sport by Females in this country.

Many of the bars of Providence and Boston are packed week in and week out for big EPL or international games

to such an extent that you usually only see for 16 – 18 Patriots games every year.

I am going to be sticking with FiOS for the time being to see if hopefully they at least implement the FSCHD for

the start of next season come August although I would like to see it as soon as possible.

After that I will reserve my options of switching to a more up to date provider.

I see the Verizon guy has noted a few times that it is #6 on the list of channels to be added in HD.

If Verizon are concerned by the lack of interest in the sport here are some figures to get your head around.

American Football’s penultimate game the Superbowl was watched by approx 111 MILLION viewers last year.

The World Cup Final last year was watched by an estimated 1.5 BILLION viewers (over one quarter of the world’s population) at least 25 MILLION of which were U.S. viewers.

The tournament itself was watched by 112 MILLION American viewers even more than the Superbowl.

The Champions League final was watch by approx 170 MILLION viewers worldwide over 2 MILLION of which were U.S. viewers.

These figures vary depending on the source.

One must also take into consideration the fact the Champions League final and many of the World Cup games are usually on during work hours on week days where as most Football games like the Superbowl are on primetime or weekends.

I couldn’t dig up any figures on viewership for Pet Programs, Hiking shows or other some of the other far reaching HD Channels that I came across but I’m sure the number would be dwarfed

It makes me wonder what criteria they use to decide which channels take priority over others.

0 Likes
Re: Fox Soccer in HD - PLEASE
lancers1
Enthusiast - Level 2

@IrishRI wrote:

I made this post on some other forum but here it is again.

I entered the FiOS world yesterday finally switching from Cox in RI.

One of my main reasons for having television at all and forking over $100 a month is my love of the Beautiful Game which for those who may be ignorant to the fact is the World’s Number One Sport by a country mile.

With FiOs being advertised as being the best in the business I unwittingly assumed that I would have FSC is HD like  my many friends and co-workers who have it with other service providers so you can imagine my disappointment yesterday when I tuned into the Man United v Marseille game to be greeted by a substandard blurry broadcast despite a “HD” logo being cleary displayed in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

I don’t understand why the “HD” channel is not available when there are so many other crazily obscure channels being broadcast in HD.

Soccer is a growing sport in the U.S. and is closing in quickly on the traditional big five.

It is in fact the number one Most Played Sport by Females in this country.

Many of the bars of Providence and Boston are packed week in and week out for big EPL or international games

to such an extent that you usually only see for 16 – 18 Patriots games every year.

I am going to be sticking with FiOS for the time being to see if hopefully they at least implement the FSCHD for

the start of next season come August although I would like to see it as soon as possible.

After that I will reserve my options of switching to a more up to date provider.

I see the Verizon guy has noted a few times that it is #6 on the list of channels to be added in HD.

If Verizon are concerned by the lack of interest in the sport here are some figures to get your head around.

American Football’s penultimate game the Superbowl was watched by approx 111 MILLION viewers last year.

The World Cup Final last year was watched by an estimated 1.5 BILLION viewers (over one quarter of the world’s population) at least 25 MILLION of which were U.S. viewers.

The tournament itself was watched by 112 MILLION American viewers even more than the Superbowl.

The Champions League final was watch by approx 170 MILLION viewers worldwide over 2 MILLION of which were U.S. viewers.

These figures vary depending on the source.

One must also take into consideration the fact the Champions League final and many of the World Cup games are usually on during work hours on week days where as most Football games like the Superbowl are on primetime or weekends.

I couldn’t dig up any figures on viewership for Pet Programs, Hiking shows or other some of the other far reaching HD Channels that I came across but I’m sure the number would be dwarfed

It makes me wonder what criteria they use to decide which channels take priority over others.

MLS started up last nite. My cable carrier had it on HD. Seattle Sounders outdraw the Mariners. Vidi that. Come on Verizon. It costs me an extra 60 bucks a month to get footie HD FS and FS Plus but to me it's worht it. I watch about every EPL and Serie A game live or repeat. I am going to give V until the start of the next EPL season to get the games up in HD or I am going 100% back to Cablevision.

0 Likes
LeftyMcdog
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got FIOS installed yesterday in Chelmsford, MA and their latest channel guide lists FSC in HD on channel 584 with (Coming Soon) next to it. BET is listed on 770 also with (Coming Soon). No other channels were listed as coming soon. So maybe there's hope?

vinlan

Trying to find a good soccer bar in Providence - where is it that you have been?

0 Likes