Free Movies
elnce
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is an upgrade in the "free movie" category ever going to happen?  The choices Fios offers are ridiculous compared to Comcast, and I'm sure, other competitors.  I see where they now offer "reduced" rates for some movies.  These same movies, and dozens of others, are offered for free with Comcast.  I switched because I thought Fios offered a good monthly charge for services... as opposed to Comcast.  However, I find that their selection of free movies is, to say the least, pitiful.  They now offer "reduced rate" movies, which still don't  even come close to the enormous selections which are free with Comcast.  I use Comcast as an example because that is the service I had.  Do any of the others....Direct TV, Dish Network, offer free movies? 

I mainly enjoy Fios (I have the TV, intenet,  phone package), although there are glitches....sound goes out, picture pixilates, slow switching between channels.  Hopefully, in the future, these things will be fixed.  How about more, and I mean real movie ...not made for TV movies,  selections?

Re: Free Movies
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

I've got Directv at one location and fios at another. Both have their pros and conns. When it comes to VOD however, Verizon wins hands down. The VOD on Direct TV SUCKS!!  IMHO. It also doenst help that I've only got a 1.5Mbs DSL at that location. It takes HOURS to download a VOD with DTV. At least with Verizon, you order, and its there. instantly. Quality of the VOD is also night and day. The DTV VOD is highly compressed and only VCR quality. With Verizon, it is DVD quality. But like you. I have experiance with only one other provider. So our views are a little narrow.

Now my expectation may also be different. I dont mind paying a little for better quaility. So many of the 1.99 movies are fine with me. I'd rather pay the $2 and get quality than get a free VCR quality movie. Of course I would be even happier to get the quality and FREE. Smiley Wink

I guess it all depends on what your used to. I personally came in from companies that had no VOD at all, to the two I have now. And of the VOD's that I've used, the Verizon is superior. But again, thats with limited experiance in it.

0 Likes