From my 7232-P2 the coax digital audio signal is ahead of the HDMI signal on my TV.
RockawayBeachBQ

I have a new Samsung LED TV UN40D6050TFXZA that is connected directly to my DVR via HDMI, the coax digital audio is connected to my Pioneer VSX-D814 receiver.  Unfortunately the audio from the receiver is slightly ahead of the TV.  The receiver does not have any options for delaying the audio, which would have been the easy solution.  Is anyone else encountering this problem? And how can it be resolved?  Would using the optical out make a difference?

0 Likes
Re: From my 7232-P2 the coax digital audio signal is ahead of the HDMI signal on my TV.
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

It should not make a difference what kind of audio output you are using. The box may need to be reprogrammed. First try rebooting the box by unplugging the power cord. If it doesn't fix it, please send me a private message.

0 Likes
Re: From my 7232-P2 the coax digital audio signal is ahead of the HDMI signal on my TV.
RockawayBeachBQ

I tried that twice and it did not help.  I sent a PM, let me know what I need to do to get the box reprogrammed.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Good Morning,

I did some research on this issue and I spoke with a agent who has encountered this issue and what he found  was that when the audio is received throught the HDMI cable it has to go from analog to digital and when it leaves the television again the  coding has to again be coded back to analog to go to the receivers and speakers so that gives you a delay.  What he did was turn the television down when it was outof sync.  You are dealing with 2 different audio signals so that is where the delay is being received,

Thanks ,

Tonya D.

0 Likes
RockawayBeachBQ

The Audio signal is being routed to the receiver directly from the STB via digital coax and the HDMI signal is going directly to the TV.  The audio from the receiver seems to be ahead of the TV's audio.

0 Likes
DrDan3

You've split the video from the audio and they are taking different paths. In general you can't expect these to remain in sync.

You need to keep the signals in sync. One of the following should work

1) Send the HDMI signal to the receiver if the receiver has an hdmi input, that's the way my setup is and it works fine.

2) If the TV has audio out send the audio from the TV to the receiver.

3) Else, get a newer receiver.

0 Likes
RockawayBeachBQ

i just wanted to ressurect this post because after the 1.9 update the lag has been seriously reduced from an echo to a slight overlap.  So the STB is definitely partially responsible for the out of sync audio.  Atleast now the dialogue on the surround system is not as perceptively out of sync.

0 Likes