Google wifi, Verizon STB, & Alexa
AH-Confused

So today I switch from the FIOS Quantum router to Google Nest Wifi as my main router. In an attempt to save some money I also installed a Actiontec EC8600 MOCA adapter so that I could return the Quantum router and alleviate myself of the rental fee. In the process of reconnecting all my devices to the new wifi network I also have Amazon Echo devices that my mother uses to change the channels on the STB. Now my issue is that my Echo's while able to control everything else as normal they are not able to change the channel when prompted. even though they respond as normal , eg: "Tuning to USA on FIOS..." and yet no action is actually taken on the STB. I'm wondering if this is a consequence of changing primary routers and if so is there a work around to relink the echo device to the STB.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Google wifi, Verizon STB, & Alexa
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes. When using your own router other than Guide/On demand there will be other features that do not work. Unfortunately I personally don't know about any workaround. 

View solution in original post

Re: Google wifi, Verizon STB, & Alexa
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes. When using your own router other than Guide/On demand there will be other features that do not work. Unfortunately I personally don't know about any workaround.