HBO GO on Apple TV and HBO GO AirPlay Problems
thewebcobbler
Contributor - Level 3

I recently received a hand-me-down iPad 2, and set up HBO GO / Max Go on it, along with a few more apps like WatchESPN.

I tested it out several days ago with the Airplay feature (Coming from the Original iPad , I did not have this feature) , and all was working normally.

After several weeks of not using HBO GO on my Apple TV, i decided to use it. I got booted, and it asked me to re-"activate" my device. I have not gotten this message since I first activated when the app was 1st available on the Apple TV.

I thought this was weird, so I loaded up HBO on my iPad. I did not have to sign in, because it remember me. Anyway, I started to watch a movie, and then Airplayed it to the TV. Unlike before, the COG wheel kept spinning , and soon it received an error that is could Not be AirPlayed. I have Never gotten this message before with HBO. The same thing happened on MaxGO.

Also, I have tested this with AirPlaying other videos from various apps and Web Content. All is fine there.

I believe since I have not done anything on my end, and being at least Airplay worked just a couple days prior, that HBO is the one that is having problems. Even though there site does not say so.

Sorry for the long explanation. My question is: Has anyone gotten this error besides me? Either being signed out of HBOGO on Apple TV, or AIrplay error, to Both?

Thank You

Much Appreciated,

WebCobbler

0 Likes