Re: HBO and HBO GO
aggielish

This is happening to me with showtime anytime and the customer service guy is making a ticket for me. I had to tell him it was a Verizon authentication issue because he was blaming showtime. 

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@aggielish wrote:

This is happening to me with showtime anytime and the customer service guy is making a ticket for me. I had to tell him it was a Verizon authentication issue because he was blaming showtime. 

Showtime Anytime signin failed the first time for mee too, but the second time it worked.  The issue seems intermittent.

0 Likes
ap307

2014 - same issue. HBO GO cannot authenticate our subscription from Verizon even though we have one. This worked for months, then suddenly not at all in the past month. 

None of my friends with other cable providers have this issue. HBO GO worked for months without this and all of a sudden since Verizon "upgraded" their website earlier this month we have had near constant issues. I have spent hours on the phone with tech support, who even though they've dealt with me on 4 different phone calls claim that they have never heard of this issue...Did anyone figure out how to resolve this? 

0 Likes
BajaAlta
Enthusiast - Level 3

@ap307 wrote:

2014 - same issue. HBO GO cannot authenticate our subscription from Verizon even though we have one. This worked for months, then suddenly not at all in the past month. 

None of my friends with other cable providers have this issue. HBO GO worked for months without this and all of a sudden since Verizon "upgraded" their website earlier this month we have had near constant issues. I have spent hours on the phone with tech support, who even though they've dealt with me on 4 different phone calls claim that they have never heard of this issue...Did anyone figure out how to resolve this? 

ap307: Please give it a fresh try - a few people with a similar problem are reporting success today.

0 Likes
lemonhead2

Question for the forum before I call in to customer support.

I signed up for HBO last night and was told I'd be able to access HBO GO. When I try to log in at HBO GO with my Verizon credentials, it says To watch HBO, you must have HBO premium service on your FiOS TV account. Shop for HBO now.

I have HBO and HBO on Demand, is HBO GO a different service that I need to sign up for or is "HBO Premium service" different than regular HBO?

Thanks!

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could be a little more time before it shows up.  However see the following for common problems with HBO GO.

A bunch of things lead to problems loging into HBO GO and many other Online Channel sites.

• You must get HBO (or whatever channel you are trying to use) from Verizon
  • At least the first time you may first have to sign out of the Verizon site.  It gets confused easily.
  • You must allow third party cookies
  • You must be running Flash, Flash must be allowed to store info for third parties.
  • You must not have your Browser options set to delete Information when exiting Browser.  Flash takes this as deleting information when exiting a site.

The general way it works is for you to go to HBO GO site.  Ask to look at something and it switches in a FRAME pointing to VERIZON and you signin. Verizon stores some information in flash and returns. That information must still be there so that HBO accepts you as authorized. 

0 Likes
Stella18

I am yet another paying HBO (and other premium channel) customers who cannot access the mobile versions on the iPad or phone. I definitely subscribe to HBO yet when I try to sign in, it tells me that I am not an HBO customer and invites me to subscribe to HBO through Verizon, which is ridiculous, of course. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, updated everything that can be updated, and still get the same message. 

Anyone had any luck with this?

0 Likes
Stella18

Let me add that this is also the case on my home computer, not just the iPad, so on my PC we're not talking about a malfunctioning app.

0 Likes