HDMI problems with cisco chs 335 and 435 set tops
rbrown24

I am having some HDMI glitches with these cisco boxes.  Two different boxes, two different hdmi cables and two different TVs.  On on TV, the problem looks like a brief resync/blanking every several minutes.  On another TV, the problem looks like a brief picture resizing glitch that happens every several minutes.  I am assuming the problem is the same but the TVs respond differently to the glitch.

Both of the set tops are set to "native resolution" in the video format setting.  I tested locking the 425 to 720p and it seemed to resolve the problem.  The trouble with this is that 480i content gets letterboxed.

Any solutions to this?  Firmware updates coming out soon?

0 Likes
Re: HDMI problems with cisco chs 335 and 435 set tops
VzGnome

You may have to switch to component cables until another IMG update is applied at a later time.  Once a new IMG is rolled out there are a few glitches but the next patch normally fixes them.

0 Likes
rbrown24

Ok.  I just wanted to make sure that the issue is known/reported.  This seems like a decent place to report issues because calling customer service usually yields the usual STB reset.

I see a lot of activity/questions about release 1.9.1.  Do you know if this is also for the cisco STB platform?

0 Likes
VzGnome

It's for both platforms

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

it can also be a video processing problem.  

click 

menu>settings>video settings>sd override and turn it OFF

0 Likes
rbrown24

SD override isn't a selectable option for me--the menu bar just skips over it.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@rbrown24 wrote:

SD override isn't a selectable option for me--the menu bar just skips over it.

Do you perhaps have native resolution turned on?

0 Likes
rbrown24

Yes, I do have native resolution turned on.  That seems to me to be the best option.  That way the STB switches the output format to whatever format is being broadcast (assuming the TV supports that format).

0 Likes
DEPOLLACK

Having the same issue and Verizon will be no help. I fixed mine using component cables from the box to the receiver. I then I used a optical cable for sound. Verizon, Sony and Pioneer all point fingers at each other.  

Good luck 

@rbrown24 wrote:

I am having some HDMI glitches with these cisco boxes.  Two different boxes, two different hdmi cables and two different TVs.  On on TV, the problem looks like a brief resync/blanking every several minutes.  On another TV, the problem looks like a brief picture resizing glitch that happens every several minutes.  I am assuming the problem is the same but the TVs respond differently to the glitch.

Both of the set tops are set to "native resolution" in the video format setting.  I tested locking the 425 to 720p and it seemed to resolve the problem.  The trouble with this is that 480i content gets letterboxed.

Any solutions to this?  Firmware updates coming out soon?

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@rbrown24 wrote:

Yes, I do have native resolution turned on.  That seems to me to be the best option.  That way the STB switches the output format to whatever format is being broadcast (assuming the TV supports that format).

With Native resolution the override to SD is assumed as 480i/p.  So the option is not selectable in the other menu.

At that point is up to your TV settings NOT the STB to choice if 480i/p is displayed as 4:3 16:9 etc.

0 Likes