HELP - MoCA adapter keeps losing power!
MrAchilles
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Verizon TV/Internet bundle. 

I use my own router for the internet and have a MoCA adapter to connect the TV Box. 

This does work and the TV box is fine...but then the MoCA adapter will randomly turn itself off at a random time. 

The power light goes out on the MoCA adapter and the TV Box says it isn't getting a signal. 

The coax light also goes out on the MoCA adapter. Sometimes it's both, sometimes it's one or the other. 

It takes several power cycles and replugging to fix it. I literally JUST got it powered back on and less than 24hrs later the power light is out again and the TV Box says it doesn't have a signal. 

I have no clue what the issue is, I just want my TV to have a consistent signal. 

It really shouldn't be this hard to have a TV signal...

Current setup is ethernet to the MoCA adapter. The Coax from MoCA to the TV Box in the other room. Am I missing a vital piece or something?

0 Likes
Re: HELP - MoCA adapter keeps losing power!
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like either the MoCA adapter or its power plug is going bad. I would try getting a new one. 

MrAchilles
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey! 

I actually remember you from one of my previous posts. 

Could it really be a simple case of the power supply? 

I don't even think I've had it for a long time. Maybe a year and a half?

One thing I noticed was that the power supply light (on the plug) is always lit still, despite the power light on the adapter being off. 

The ethernet lights are always lit (on the MoCA), but it's clear when it's just lit and no signal is being passed since it isn't intermittent. 

It's gonna suck if it's gone bad after less than 2 years. 

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The power supply could definitely be the culprit. It could also be the adapter it self. Maybe even cabling if there are RF/MoCA issues that is causing it to reboot. Unfortunately that trouble could be a number of things. 

If you do end up needing a new MoCA adapter Verizon sells the FNA for $55. That's what I personally use.

MrAchilles
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is it possible to purchase just the power supply?

Maybe I'll reach out to Verizon support and see if anything can be worked out. 

Appreciate the inpuit.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can’t hurt to ask. If not maybe online. What adapter are you using?