How can I change my current FiOS TV plan?
gloriapuma

My family has the FiOS Triple Play Bundle, and we want to change the TV Plan. It looks like the price was suddenly increased and it's just too much money. We don't want the Extreme HD plan anymore. Can we change it even though we have the bundle? We also want to change the speed of our FiOS Internet. Verizon has become way too expensive these days, months, years!

Please help!

0 Likes
Re: How can I change my current FiOS TV plan?
marc3565
Enthusiast - Level 3

https://www22.verizon.com/foryourhome/MyAccount/Main/MyVerizon/MyVzServices.aspx

You should be able to see by each service if you are locked into a contract.

If the price of something went up you may not be. If you are not you are open to sign up for a new bundle. There are all new bundles and prices that just started.

http://www22.verizon.com/residential/bundles/bundlesoverview/bundlesoverview.htm

Although the prices are different in some areas.

Depening on your internet usage you might not see much impact to a change in internet packages. Typical browsing or online usage won't notice much change from 25 up to 35 or 50. If you do a lot of file downloads/uploads then you will see some impact

0 Likes
gloriapuma

this is what it says under my services:

My TV
Verizon FiOS TV Service

View TV plan details
View Video on Demand

View TV Listings

24 Month Price Guarantee until Jul/2011
My Agreement 12Months until 07/2010
does that mean that I can change it?
0 Likes
gloriapuma

can someone please answer my last question please? Smiley Tongue

i'm confused.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@gloriapuma wrote:

this is what it says under my services:

My TV
Verizon FiOS TV Service

View TV plan details
View Video on Demand

View TV Listings

24 Month Price Guarantee until Jul/2011
My Agreement 12Months until 07/2010
does that mean that I can change it?

Yes you can change your plan at any time, just as long as it is equal or greater than your existing services. Meaning if your bundle includes three services, (phone\data\tv) your new bundle must include three service. You can not drop one of them without breaking your agreement which would create an early termination fee. Also you would have your new bundle at the now going rate, which would probably be at a higher price.

It looks as if you have only commited to a TV plan. You should be able to change that plan without any trouble. If you only have TV service you probably are paying month to month without a bundle, but an agreed to rate for TV service. 'Price Guarantee". So the agreement would be to maintain the TV service to partially cover the cost of install.

Please any Verizon Employees correct me if I am wrong.

0 Likes
mleduc35651
Contributor - Level 2

You are in a contract until July 2010.

If you are upgrading to a higher package they will likely let you do it. You would be starting a new 1-2 year contract though.

Because you are currently locked in the online ordering might not show you all your options. You are best to call in.

0 Likes
gloriapuma

No, we have all three services in a bundle. It's just that I only posted the TV plan here. Which is the one I want to try to change.

So my understanding is I can't change it because we have a contract for three services until 07/2010, am I correct?

We would then have to wait if we want to downgrade one of our services? We don't want to upgrade. We want a cheaper price for all three.

Thanks for responding.

0 Likes