How to get LG channels to include Fios cable channels?
Dizzy0ny2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, i have an OLED65CXPUA. Right now LG channels and my cable are two different sources. For the former i use 'Live TV" for about 350 channels. For the latter, i have my set top box connected to hdmi 4, so i need to use that source.

Is there a way to consolidate these two into a single source so i can scroll through both lg available channels and Fios channels? Preferably that would be under the 'live tv' source since that is an app, and i can tune the tv to discover those channels. Right now however, its not discovering cable channels.

Thanks for any help

0 Likes
Re: How to get LG channels to include Fios cable channels?
Dizzy0ny2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried connecting the coaxial directly to the back of my TV, and scanned for channels.  it seems to pick up some channels, but they look mostly like local channels.  I do not see the premium channels being picked up.

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Dizzy0ny wrote:

I have tried connecting the coaxial directly to the back of my TV, and scanned for channels.  it seems to pick up some channels, but they look mostly like local channels.  I do not see the premium channels being picked up.

What LG channels are you referring to? IS the TV hooked up to an antenna? Are these streaming channels provided by LG? Either way there is no way to get Fios content to your TV without an external source like a cable box or Roku or Firestick. Using the coax as you have seen will only provide a limited number of unencrypted channels.

0 Likes
Dizzy0ny2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lg i think scrapes alot of channels from free sources such as Pluto, xumo etc.   

Yeah i think the issue is encrypted vs unencrypted.. its a shame because at one point Fios had a streaming option that worked on lg...guess it wasnt as profitable for them.

0 Likes