Re: IMG 1.7 Experience
JonBenal

Yeah I have the same issue with the guide being stretched and as someone said in "vision impaired mode". It's not just the guide too as someone mentioned, it's basically anything coming from the box that isn't programming. I called tech support and they've been great, but haven't been able to resolve the issue. Currently they said they're going to speak with the developers and see what the deal is. They did mention that the most likely cause is it's due to the anticipation of a full 16:9 guide. Just wanted to make my issue known, hopefully this will them help resolve sooner.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

JonBenal,

From what I have seen posted from a Verizon tech, this was done on purpose. Smiley Mad

I think it is good that you called tech support, the more direct complaints they get about this issue the greater the chance that Verizon will fix it quickly. There are Verizon tech support people here on the forum, and they do a great job I think, but there is no better way for Verizon to know about issues than for people to call tech support and report them. At least IMHO....

Thanks for your feedback. And everyone should keep in mind that this issue apparently only affects the 7xxx boxes, not the 6xxx boxes (which I luckily have Smiley Happy. )

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Humble
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is there anyone who was having the HDMI intermittent signal loss issue with a 7216 that can state the problem has been solved?   My hope is that this issue is dead.

Can't wait to experience the new guide format!   Sounds awesome.

0 Likes
jolt2010

I can only see 8 channel entries in the Guide, in the past there were more.

When the channel is higlighted, it is 3 times the size of the other displayed channels in the menu, this is because of the channel /show description.

Also, now the Guide appears cropped off on top and bottom.

Menu, Guide, and Info are the things I notice as "different".

Also, I just tried going into On Demand and its cuts off and goes blank for about 6 seconds before the screen and sound come back. This also happens when I hit the Exit button to go back to watching TV.

Now it takes longer to "Page" in the guide, but the picture in the guide is the same size.

In the past I have seen some pixelation on my screen and some sound  sync issues.

Usually a power off and on resolves these issues.

I have not experienced any issues since the "upgrade".

I know, I know...they are not problems, they are features.....  🙂

0 Likes
jolt2010

Yup, HDMI.

I have had some pixelation in the past, but a power off and on usually resolves it.

Can you try going into the On Demand menu, my experience is picture and sound off for about 6 seconds and then On Demand comes in, same thing when I Exit.

Thanks

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@jolt2010 wrote:

Yup, HDMI.

I have had some pixelation in the past, but a power off and on usually resolves it.

Can you try going into the On Demand menu, my experience is picture and sound off for about 6 seconds and then On Demand comes in, same thing when I Exit.

Thanks

Keeping in mind that I have a 6416 DVR, am using HDMI, and not recording any channels:

It takes about 1 1/2 seconds consistently from pushing the VOD button until I see the initial VOD screen

It generally takes about 3 seconds from when I hit the Exit button until I see a live picture. Sometimes there is a still picture on the screen during the transition (don't know for sure where it comes from), sometimes I just see a black screen. And sometimes it only takes 1 second or so to get back to the live picture.

So far I have not experienced any pixelation or freezing on 1.7, but I have had a few occurances of the sound not being properly synchronized with the picture when I switch to a channel. I have no idea whether that is Verizon's fault or a source problem.

To your comment in your earlier post about the Guide seeming sluggish, I can't really tell any difference from 1.6.2.  Using either the Down or Up Arrows or the Channel Up/Down keys seems to consistently take about 1 second to complete the operation.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

For those of you that might be interested in using the Parental Controls feature of the IMG, there are some new options available in 1.7. Here is a complete list of options available:

• Enable On/Off
  • Control Ratings - checkable ratings, lock all, unlock all
  • Control Game Ratings - checkable ratings, lock all, unlock all
  • Control Channels - see locked channels, add/remove channels
  • Adult Information - hide adult info, show adult info
  • Promotional Video Lock - on, off
  • Control Purchases - no pin, use parental pin, use purchase pin
  • Change PIN - change parental controls pin, change purchase pin
  • Help

I have not tried any of this, I really have no need for parental control, my  kids are long gone from the house.

Has anybody with 1.7 tried any of the new options, how well do they work?

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
d3mon

It Screwed up my HDMI connection so far lol had to change to component Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@d3mon wrote:

It Screwed up my HDMI connection so far lol had to change to component Smiley Sad

Thanks for the post. Yours is the first report I have seen describing an HDMI problem with 1.7, others have reported that their HDMI problems have disappeared, at least so far. I hope you can get this resolved.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Some of you may be wondering when you will receive the 1.7 level of the IMG. As far as I know Verizon has not published a schedule, but I found the following schedule on the dslreports.com forum; I don't know where the author got the information, I don't know whether it was accurate when written, I don't know whether it is accurate now, and if it is accurate I don't know if it will change in the future. However, the updates for VHO 1 and 3 did occur on 9/29 as shown in the schedule. If the updates shown in the schedule for the week of 10/13 happen then maybe this is an accurate schedule.

9/29   VHO  1   Carrolton, TX
9/29   VHO  3   Pomona, CA
10/13  VHO  2   Temple Terrace, FL
10/13  VHO 11   Pittsburgh, PA
10/20  VHO  5   Queens, NY
10/20  VHO  6   Burlington, MA (Includes RI)
10/22  VHO  7   Freehold, NJ (Northern NJ)
10/22  VHO  8   Philadelphia, PA (SE PA / DE / Southern NJ)
10/27  VHO 12   Portland, OR
10/27  VHO 13   Seattle, WA
11/3   VHO 10   Ft. Wayne, IN
11/10  VHO 14   Harrisburg, PA
11/10  VHO 15   Buffalo, NY
?      VHO  4   Silver Spring, MD
?      VHO  9   Richmond, VA
?      VHO 9A   Norfolk, VA

VHO = Video Hub Office

If you are unsure which VHO you are served by you can easily find out from the Menu on your STB:

Menu ==> Settings ==> System Information ==> VHO ID:xxyy where yy is your VHO number.

If any of you know of any changes from what is shown above please post them.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes