IMPROVE FIOS!!!
liacvalentin

So I just went from being a 3 year Direct TV customer to a 6 month Verizon Fios customer. ... I    messed   up.

I bought into the Verizon Fios commercials which makes it seem as if Fios has the best TV quality ever, but this isn't true (for me at least). Sure, Fios has a lot of great features here and there, but that isn't as important to me as the quality that Fios should be having. Within the 6 months that I've had Fios, I've already dealt with my TV going blank for a few seconds or more, and my TV pausing every now and then, and my TV lagging. It's especially worse on windy and rainy days. During the 3 years that I had Direct TV, I hardly ever encountered such problems. I only remember them happening twice...twice in 3 years!!! For Fios, I've already had so many problems and it's only been 6 months!!! As a result, I have become a very very very unhappy Verizon Fios customer, and I miss Direct TV. Fios really needs to change this.....so that during really windy days, my TV isn't pausing every now and then. I don't need dozens of features for my TV. What I need is my television shows to play straight!!!

I'm sorry Fios, but Direct TV is better. Please improve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! & then I'm sure you'll make many unhappy customers like me happy. Otherwise, I'll just go through the whole process of getting Direct TV back. It'll be so worth it.

0 Likes
Re: IMPROVE FIOS!!!
prisaz
Legend

""Fios really needs to change this.....so that during really windy days, my TV isn't pausing every now and then.""

This sounds like the issues I had with rain fade and DTV for more then 10 years. Never had an issue with FIOS. Is your FIOS cable an ariel cable or burried cable? If it is from a pole to your house I would suspect a cable problem, and you should get Verizon to check it or the cables to your location. Wind and rain should have no effect on fiber optics, unlike clouds or rain. Yes I had DTV for more then 10 years and jumped on the chance for FIOS TV. I would not go back. Bundled prices with my Internet, Phone and then TV can't be beat! I am sure there is an issue with your connection if rain and wind is causing problems. Have them fix it.

0 Likes
Re: IMPROVE FIOS!!!
DzWR
Contributor - Level 1
I agree, it has to be something physical such as a cable that needs to be secured.  The TV signal does not go through the airwaves with fios, but all cable.  You should definitely not experience what you described above.
0 Likes