Installed VMS STB, now a few channels continually pause/skip
bluezapfel1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I live in Bristow, VA. Installed the new VMS100 & 3 clients.

Everything is working OK. The interface seems a bit slow, but no big deal.

The real issue is that these 2 channels 665(HGTV) & 681(A&E), now pause/skip every 5 seconds. Is anyone else having issues with thses channels after upgrading to the new VMS?

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I record a few shows on both of these channels & they are unwatchable.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Likes
Re: Installed VMS STB, now a few channels continually pause/skip
Justin46
Legend

@bluezapfel wrote:

I live in Bristow, VA. Installed the new VMS100 & 3 clients.

Everything is working OK. The interface seems a bit slow, but no big deal.

The real issue is that these 2 channels 665(HGTV) & 681(A&E), now pause/skip every 5 seconds. Is anyone else having issues with thses channels after upgrading to the new VMS?

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I record a few shows on both of these channels & they are unwatchable.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris,

Unfortunately I do not have any good suggestions at this point. I would suggest though that you do go through and check all of the coax connections to make sure they are all tight, with FiOS loose coax can definitely cause strange symptoms.

I have had my VMS setup now for two months, I do watch both of those channels, although not heavily, I have not experienced at all what you are reporting. Just wondering, does this happen when you watch live or only when watching recordings? On all boxes, or IPC clients or VMS only? Only at certain times of the day or all the time? Is this a new FiOS installation or did you replace existing FiOS service?

I don't know if the above information I asked for will help someone identify a solution, but it can't hurt.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

bluezapfel1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I will double check the COAX connections when I get home.

It happens live & with recordings on the VMS 24/hrs day no particular time

I have not checked the client boxes, I'll do that as well.

This was a replacement install.

thanks for the repy, I'll post back with the result of the few things to check out.

Chris

0 Likes
bluezapfel1
Enthusiast - Level 3

COAX cables are tight

It happens on the VMS1100 and the clients.

Not sure if that suggests a problem with Verizons signal or a problem with the VMS1100.... considering they worked fine with the old STB's must be the VMS1100....

Anyone from Verizon have a clue???

Chris

0 Likes
bluezapfel1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anyone from Verizon monitor these forums? Is there a Diagnostic i can run to check the signal strenght or something?? Some advice from verizon would be nice....

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hello bluezapfel,

While a Verizon employee may occasionally post here, this community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. If you need to talk to a Verizon representative, you should contact customer service directly.

0 Likes
bluezapfel1
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK thanks...

0 Likes
BillyTRichVa

There is a diagnostic, you get to it by holding the D button on the remote.  I found a link to an installation manual for the VMS.  Don't know if it was on this forum or from a google search. 

0 Likes
bluezapfel1
Enthusiast - Level 3

thanks I'll give it a shot when I get home, Verizon phone supports sucks. they just want you to reboot....

0 Likes