Re: Is the HDMI cable included with the HD DVR QIP 7216 ?
johnatbmd
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Keyboards wrote:

@TimSykes wrote:
Why are people stuck on HDMI cables for the STB. HDMI gives off the same picture quality as a component cable.

I beg to differ.  The source transmission is digital as is HDMI - no interpolation of the signal required.  Component requires the STB to convert to analog and then the display to convert it back to digital (assuming flat panel display and not a CRT).  Each conversion can cause loss of resolution and artifacts to be introduced.  Many feel that the component picture is softer, a possible side effect of the multiple conversions.

That being said, if you can't see the difference then it really doesn't matter

I'll agree to disagree with you partially. On a Sony Bravia 26" we have at the office hooked to Cox hd cable component is markedly superior to HDMI. I mean really better. On my Vizio 32" at home wih Fios the 2 are indistinguisable. I've A/B'd them to death and there is no diff here.

0 Likes
Re: Is the HDMI cable included with the HD DVR QIP 7216 ?
JeeperDon

@jaldaz wrote:
it's my impression that he kept the DHMI cable for him

That's a stretch.  He does installs all day long and you decided he was stealing your cables?  I didn't get a HDMI cable either, maybe my guy gave them your your guy.  If you want HDMI and think they should provide it, call them. 

0 Likes