KNBC-4 (SD) anamorphic?
Drew_from_Dover
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon supplies SD versions of HD channels for SD only boxes.

KNBC 4 Los Angeles is available in SD on channel 4. Channel 4 (cable) is 480i 4x3 and is currently showing an anamorphic picture from KNBC's 16x9 channel, at least on my boxes. Everything is tall and thin.

Question: Am I alone in this or is everyone who can get KNBC getting this anamorphic picture? When I called Verizon they suggested it was my boxes as they reset every one.

Just asking. Thanks all.

0 Likes
Re: KNBC-4 (SD) anamorphic?
Drew_from_Dover
Contributor - Level 2

16x9 squeezed to fit 4x3

I'm hoping this picture says all the right words.

0 Likes
TomT4

I am having the exact same problem with KNBC channel 4 only.  I contacted customer support, a few days ago ... they feel that it is a KNBC broadcast issue therefore nothing they can do about it - so they told me.  You would think though that Verizon FiOS could do something to fix this.

0 Likes
Drew_from_Dover
Contributor - Level 2

Right now the following channels are anamorphic (16:9 squeezed to fit 4:3) in the Los Angeles area,

2 (KCBS), 5 (KTLA), 56 (KDOC), 7 (KABC), 50 (KOCE), 11 (KTTV), 13 (KCOP), 24 (KVCR), 28 (KCET) & 30 (PAX).

Are they planning on adding an aspect-ratio option on the 2500-3s like they have with DVD players? Or are they just hoping people don't mind pillerboxing (on SD programs) as much as they hate letterboxing?

Drewdove was Drew_in_Dover no matter what they say.

0 Likes