MLB Extra Innings blackout for HD channels not lifted after game
lauren_b

MLB extra innings puts up a blackout screen when the broadcast is for the local team.

After the game, the blackout is supposed to be lifted. The 'default' schedule screen of the MLB games comes up if there is no game being played. This is how it works for the SD bank of 13 channels. However, the blackout is not removed for the HD bank of 9 channels.

THis has happened multiple times. No one has solved the problem, but manually removes the blackout for me after some period of time.

Now the network group won't even do that, but come back, saying, wait till there is a game on. THey have done this to me the last two times.

Since the local team can be on any of the HD channels, this means it can block a different channel every day.

I have given up that the problem will be fixed, but need a workaround to get the channel blackout lifted in the easiest fastest way. I am waiting for last night's game blackout to be lifted in the next 3 hours to get the non-local game that starts then.

0 Likes
Re: MLB Extra Innings blackout for HD channels not lifted after game
theroys88

Try getting MLBTV. It is a streaming service through many devices that allows you to watch every game in HD and if you buy the premium service you can choose between the home feed and the visitor team's feed. At first it was glitchy but they have worked all the bugs out. I have mine running on my PS3. MLB Extra Innings is way overpriced and has only a portion of the games running in HD and the rest in SD.  I have not had any blackout issues in 3 years. I used to have MLB Extra innings and called Verizon customer support about the lack of HD games. She told me that they only pass through the games that are broadcast in HD. I told her that all MLB games are broadcast in HD. She argued with me that I was wrong.  Of couse she was Indian and like 99% of my contact with customer support, are of 0 help!.  It is a shame because for the most part, Verizon has the superior products but falls way short on technical support. Comcast on the other hand does not equal Verizon on their product line but have excellent customer support and technical. When I had them I always got someone local who was American and spoke fluent english and understood my issues. They would dispatch someone to fix the problem. They did not him and haw and give the Verizon standard phrase " If we find the problem is on your end you will have to pay" I would jump ship now but my wife does not like change especially with emails.

0 Likes