Media Manager & Network Stored Media
Joe

Has anyone been able to have media stored on a NAS accessed through the STB? Because of sheer volume and size, I have a USR8700 NAS on my network that contains all my video/pictures and can't seem to identify "network" folders in the Media Manager software. I suspect this is something directly related to the MM software.

Also - has anyone tried streaming / watching AVCHD video (ie. HD) on the STB? I suspect that's going to be another challenge.

Because I got the HMDVR, I decided to sacrifice my Netgear EVA700 Digital Entertainer, but I'm concerned that wasn't a wise thing to do...

Thoughts? I'm not even sure who I should contact at Verizon to discuss this with...

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Media Manager & Network Stored Media
CSimpson
Contributor - Level 1
@Joe wrote:

Also - has anyone tried streaming / watching AVCHD video (ie. HD) on the STB? I suspect that's going to be another challenge.

Because I got the HMDVR, I decided to sacrifice my Netgear EVA700 Digital Entertainer, but I'm concerned that wasn't a wise thing to do...

Thoughts? I'm not even sure who I should contact at Verizon to discuss this with...

AFAIK, IMG 1.6 coupled with the 'yet to be released' latest version of Meda Manager uses a VLC Player based engine to render video streamed from the PC -> STB/TV.  This is great news as VLC Player will support just about any video format, including AVCHD/MKV/MP4 etc.  I just wish IMG 1.6 supported other media server software (Nero, TVersity, Twonky Media, etc) instead of Verizon having to create their own.  Seems kind of stupid if you ask me.

0 Likes