Media Manager not playing music
namato1
I recently installed Media Manager on my desktop and tried to play the music via my DVR. I get the same error message on every song I try, "The file has been deleted, moved or is corrupt". I have read past posts but nothing on there seems to work. I called Verizon and spoke to a tech, he tried to help but was unable to. I am still waiting for the call back he promised me. It's benn two days now. Anyway, anyone have any ideas? I have tried to play MP3 and WMA files, niether work. Also, I have media manager loaded on my desktop which is hard wired to the router and on a laptop that uses wireless. The DVR will not reconigize the wireless laptop. Any ideas on that one? Thanks,
0 Likes
Re: Media Manager not playing music
mcorbo
Contributor - Level 2

I wish someone could help on this issue,  I searched the forum, tried what was out there, but still can not access any music.  Pictures work just fine.

Anyone have a simple procedure to get this working?

0 Likes
ZZR1200

Hi,

I haven't seen this issue so I don't know for sure but one question that comes to mind:

Is the PC where Media Manager is installed turned on when you are trying to play music from the DVR?

Paul

0 Likes
mcorbo
Contributor - Level 2

Yes, media manager is functioning, I can see all the playlists and songs, and viewing pictures works fine. 

I was mentioned here previously, that there is a process in the background of media manager that converts the MP3 to a wav, for some reason on my pc that is not working.  I followed a previous thread about codecs etc , but am still having the problem.

0 Likes
mcorbo
Contributor - Level 2

After talking to a freat tech at the media manager beta support group,my problem is finally solved

It seems i did not have this file

C:\Windows\system32\l3codecx.ax

After i copied it from another pc and registered it....

regsvr32 C:\Windows\system32\l3codecx.ax

Media Manager now plays mp3 files with no problems. 

0 Likes