Mini Release APR-7.0 Observation
KDnVB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just a heads up....this morning I see the guide has been updated but more than that, my TV picture color was dull and had a halloween orange tint.  I checked the picture settings on my Sony XBR65X930e and discovered the Picture mode was now hard set to Dolby Vision.  Other custom settings had also been changed.  

Re: Mini Release APR-7.0 Observation
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@KDnVB wrote:

Just a heads up....this morning I see the guide has been updated but more than that, my TV picture color was dull and had a halloween orange tint.  I checked the picture settings on my Sony XBR65X930e and discovered the Picture mode was now hard set to Dolby Vision.  Other custom settings had also been changed.  

Sounds like the old Dolby Vision glitch may be back. Can you change the settings in the box, or your TV back to normal and have it stick?

KDnVB
Enthusiast - Level 3

I disabled HDR settings in the Mini power cycled it and the picture returned to normal and the Dolby Vision pop up is gone and so is HDR.  

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@KDnVB wrote:

I disabled HDR settings in the Mini power cycled it and the picture returned to normal and the Dolby Vision pop up is gone and so is HDR.  

Great, so the Dolby Vision glitch is still fixed on this release. There was a problem earlier where you could not disable HDR on the mini. Good to see the fix is still working on 7.0. Just remember to re-enable HDR when you are watching HDR programming.

KDnVB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Had HDR enabled prior to this release and did not have the Dolby Vision issue I now have so I'd say it's a new issue. 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@KDnVB wrote:

Had HDR enabled prior to this release and did not have the Dolby Vision issue I now have so I'd say it's a new issue. 

The original problem was the mini locked in HDR mode with no way to change it other then limiting it to HD resolutions. APR 6.9 fixed the issue by allowing HDR to be on and off. The VMS boxes never had the issue. I thought 7.0 just continued where 6.9 left off as far as the HDR issue went.

KDnVB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Newest release APR-7.5 DID NOT fix the issue created in 7.0.  Enabling HDR on STB washes out the color on my Sony 930E.  HDR is fine on all other inputs.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@KDnVB wrote:

Newest release APR-7.5 DID NOT fix the issue created in 7.0.  Enabling HDR on STB washes out the color on my Sony 930E.  HDR is fine on all other inputs.

Problem is when you enable HDR on the Fios box it applies that colorspace to ALL programming, causing the color issue you see. You need to disable HDR on the Fios box unless the programming you are watching IS in HDR or you will have the wrong color on your TV.

KDnVB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wasn't an issue until APR-7.0, having to manually enable/disable is illogical.  Other UHD devices having HDR enabled display fine. 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@KDnVB wrote:

Wasn't an issue until APR-7.0, having to manually enable/disable is illogical.  Other UHD devices having HDR enabled display fine. 

That's because the Fios box does not auto sense the colorspace. It assumes if you have 2160 for the output resolution and have HDR as the colorspace, the program material IS HDR. That's why you have the bad color. The box sends the HDR flag to the TV once it is set to HDR. Maybe it will change in another update, but I don't know if the hardware can do it.