Motorolla QIP7100P2 - New HD STB - Black (No Front Clock & Substantually Smaller) Feedback
vzlpcicalvo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone have any feedback on the new QIP7100P2's?

Regards,

Isaac

0 Likes
Re: Motorolla QIP7100P2 - New HD STB - Black (No Front Clock & Substantually Smaller) Feedback
Hubrisnxs
Legend

faster response times, people say its "slightly" better pic quality.     I haven't noticed that difference myself, but is definetely faster - i don't mind that there's no clock, and I like that it's smaller - makes for more room in my cabinet, plus the black matches more of my equipment.

two thumbs up

0 Likes
Re: Motorolla QIP7100P2 - New HD STB - Black (No Front Clock & Substantually Smaller) Feedback
V_C_
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is great news, looking to put TV in Kitchen.  Can someone give me the dimensions? I appreciate the help

0 Likes
V_C_
Enthusiast - Level 1

Found it 12.61 x 2.6 x 8.7.  Here's link (See Resources Spotlight) on upper right

http://www.motorola.com/Video-Solutions/US-EN/Products-and-Services/Video-Consumer-Premise-Equipment...

ronnyclicks

only the dvr boxes have clocks. the non dvrs do not. rumor is a new non dvr box with clock will be out in summer

0 Likes
NNard
Contributor - Level 1

Definitely quicker, picture quality is sharper (due to extra RAM) and is six pounds lighter.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Randman1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just installed 26" LED on kitchen wall , hid QIP 7100P2 in basement using Hot Link Pro w 25' extn cable and 15' HDMI. THe STB has a plug in jack for IR extender and Verizon sent for free after i called it is but not long enough and my distance (15')  was an issue. THE Hotel link has an amplifier/signal booster that plugs into electrical  outlet next to the STB. The only problem using the Hot Link w the QIP 7100 P2 is that you need to know where the IR eye is on the front of the STB. Spent over 2 hours on calls and chats with Verizon and no one could tell me where  where it is and there are no indicators. You must use a flash light and you will see the red nickel sized circle almost dead center in the middle of the front of the box. I covered it with the HL's sticky nodes and it works like a charm- no fade instant response - amazing and even better is the HL's TV IR eye which can be mounted out of sight behind the edges or speaker grills of theTV and it picks up like as if it wre in the open.

Hope this saves some folks time and frustration and that the Verizon folks in the Chat and Call Centers put this don in their on line guides for loacting the IR eye on the QIP 7100 P2 .  

sixasn15

in the text at the right of the on-screen menu, a setup menu (or equivalent) for stb led display and secondary ac power connection is mentioned and said to be accessibe via MENU>SETUP>SET TOP BOX....however, that sequence leads only to a screensaver and keyboard options...led display setup is not to be seen...so i think, contrary to its own words,  the box has a led display which is not used..period.

0 Likes
dodoyou

sounds good,but there are still some questions.

brands cheap shoes online

0 Likes
Re: Motorola QIP7100P2 - New HD STB - Black (No Front Clock & Substantially Smaller) Feedback
DMZ

Just got the new 7100P2 HD setop box.  I like the smaller size and weight, but I'm dismayed there's no clock display like the new DVR.  Undoubtedly, this has to be the ONLY cable box in captivity without one, DUH.   It seems Verizon is looking to cut costs again just like they did with the original 6416 DVR which has no RF Out, something I need.  Someone here said there's a newer version of this HD box coming out WITH the display.  If so, WHERE IS IT?  Verizon tech support tells me there's no such thing in the works yet are getting complaints about this daily.  For those who don't want the clock display, they could just give the option to turn it on or off in the Settings

Man Mad

0 Likes