Multi room viewing causes recordings and dvr functions to fail
ChuckL1

Configuration:  HD dvr's in both living room and bedroom.

Watch a show in my living room from the bedroom dvr.  While I am viewing this a new recording starts on the living room dvr.  When I finish watching the bedrooom show and while the living room is still recording I attempt to watch from the beginning the living room show being recorded on the living room TV.  The recording freezes and in fact is never viewable (even days later).  It seems it has been corrupted.

Related to this we were watching a recorded show (from the living room dvr) in the bedroom.  Once finished, tried to rewind the news on the bedroom tv.  Was able to go back the full 20 minutes but would not play back.  The news program was live not on dvr.

Both seem related to watching remotely and then trying to use the local dvr.  Help.

0 Likes
Re: Multi room viewing causes recordings and dvr functions to fail
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Chuck I am sorry to hear about the DVR's not working right. I have sent you a private message to get more information from you.

0 Likes
mimi519

having the EXACT same problem!  seems like if you try to watch a program from another dvr while two shows are recording, it will screw up the recording.  does anyone have a fix for this?

0 Likes
AnotherFiosUser

I have been having this same problem for a while now and was becoming really frustrated.

Finally starting to shed some light on what might be causeing the issue.

I.E watching a recorded program from Multi room dvr while it is recording corrupts the recorded show or something.

I am having the exact same problem and think that instead of Verizon employees cherry-picking people to help, like the guy who posted here, they should address this issue transparently and properly. By now they should have pinned a forum thread  with the solution or answers.

I am sick of reading through multiple users all posting the same Multi room DVR issue and getting verizon employees responding to some personally and ignoring the others.

This is a forum, KINDLY POST THE FIXES OPENLY SO WE CAN ALL FIX OUR OWN DVR

0 Likes