Multiroom DVR does not work.
rbohlen

Fios was just installed today - having problems already.

When I pick "Recorded Programs" under the DVR option on the Menu button, this message appears on both the main TV with the Multiroom DVR and the other TV with standard box:  "Multi-Room DVR encountered a problem while accessing the data from the DVR box."  Any ideas on how to fix this?  

I would like to avoid calling Verizon if possible because the automated message hangs up on me, telling me to call Frontier (who tells me that they can't help me, and that I should call Verizon).

0 Likes
Re: Multiroom DVR does not work.
VZ_Ron
Contributor - Level 2

Hey rbohlen, you can unplug the power cord for the DVR while its unplug go to the router press and hold the reset button on the it for 20secs then let it go wait 2 to 3mins for the router to reset.  After the router has been reset plug the power cord for the DVR back in and let it reset also until the time appears on the display.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

I thought that  a while back I could record programs on the QIP 7216 1 in the DEN

and watch them later on the QIP 7100 1 upstairs in the bedroom?

I saw this Answer  BELOW and I tried it and it did not solve the problem

rbohlen

Contributor

Fios was just installed today - having problems already.

When I pick "Recorded Programs" under the DVR option on the Menu button, this message appears on both the main TV with the Multiroom DVR and the other TV with standard box:  "Multi-Room DVR encountered a problem while accessing the data from the DVR box."  Any ideas on how to fix this? 

Re: Multiroom DVR does not work

Hey rbohlen, you can unplug the power cord for the DVR while its unplug go to the router press and hold the reset button on the it for 20secs then let it go wait 2 to 3mins for the router to reset.  After the router has been reset plug the power cord for the DVR back in and let it reset also until the time appears on the display.

Ron

Verizon Telecom

FiberSolutionCenter

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

If you run the self diag (menu, customer support) from the non dvr STB can it see the dvr?

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

THIS IS WHAT I DID

MultiRoom DVR encountered a problem while accessing the data from the DVR box

Make sure the DVR is plugged in to the power outlet and that you have at least one recording available.

CHECKED ON BOTH …DONE

If the problem persists please unplug the power for the DVR box and plug it back in and try again.

HD QIP 7100 1 IN BEDROOM …  DONE PROBLEM STILL THERE

HD DVR QIP 7216 1 IN DEN …DONE PROBLEM STILL THERE

I can record and playback in the DEN only.

VZ in Home Agent says I have to “subscribe”   (1 800 VERIZON option 3 )

Is that the solution ?

Does “subscribing” mean ANOTHER MONTHLY FEE ?  or is it just a matter of a techie remotely turning on  a SOFTWARE UPGRADE

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

MR DVR is $4 a month.  Sometimes listed as $19.95 for a HD MR-DVR.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

HERE'S WHAT I FOUND ON THE MOTOROLA SITE  SPEC SHEET FOR THE QIP 7216

May be used as a home media server to enable viewing of recorded programs on set-top boxes

throughout the home via MoCA

THIS IS WHAT I FOUND ABOUT MY QIP 7100 1

Release 1.8

Data Object Ver. No.  52.54

Unit Addr.   000-00156-99402-091

Gide Data days Avail.  9

IP Addr. 192.168.1.101

EPG Region  3401

VHO Id.  3307

CPE Zipcode  7648

Netwrk Status  Online

THEN I did Self Diagnostics

Everything was successful EXCEPT

DVR Hub Connection FAILED.

I assume since I am already paying for the QIP 7216 that VZ has a fix that will enable me to view

programs that I can record and view on the QIP 7216 to be ALSO viewable on the QIP 7100 WITHOUT ANY NEW MONTHLY CHARGES.

VZ please tell me that my problem will be resolved. 

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Look what I just found !

From My VZ MI424 WR Users Manual

Thank you for purchasing the Wireless Broadband Router. The Wireless

Broadband Router supports Multimedia over Coax Alliance (MoCA), a new networking

standard that allows digital entertainment and information to be transmitted

and distributed to multiple devices over coaxial cables. The Router also supports

Ethernet and Wi-Fi networking, making it the most versatile router available.

If you want to take your home or office networking to the next level, the Wireless

Broadband Router is sure to be one of the keys to your success.

Now I am sure that with the equipment that I presently have in service I should be able to

view my QIP 7216 recordings on my QIP 7100  WITHOUT ANY FURTHER CHARGES !

0 Likes