Mutli-room DVR - 14 days to get it to work??
Solarium

I’ve had Verizon with DVR service for about a year.  On August 25th, I decided to get an additional box for my bedroom and upgrade to the mutli-room DVR service.  I called in, ordered the box. At that time they told me that the service would automatically start when I registered the additional box.  I installed the box on Monday night and everything went fine, except the mutli-room DVR was not working.  I reset both boxes, still nothing.

I then called in and asked to make sure it was provisioned correctly.  At that time, I was told that there would need to be ‘something installed on the server’, and that my DVR service should be working by September 8th (!)

Does it really take 14 days to activate multi-room DVR???

0 Likes
Re: Mutli-room DVR - 14 days to get it to work??
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try logging in and using the tech suport chat. They can be very helpful in resolving issues.

0 Likes
Solarium

That's actually who told me it would be 14 days ( I chatted with a tech rep).  I'm just having a hard time believing that's correct.  I wondered if maybe because of the strike they had someone less experienced on the chat line.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

MRDVR shouldn't require anything to be installed on a server.  It works within your own network.

Have you tried the MRDVR troubleshooter (menu,support, in-home ageent MRDVR troubleshooting).

0 Likes
Solarium

>>Have you tried the MRDVR troubleshooter (menu,support, in-home ageent MRDVR troubleshooting).

Tried it last night.  It said "loading for awhile" then brought up a screen that told me what MRDVR was and sai that I should call Verizion (gave the phone number) to order it if I wanted it  😞

Sadly, I've ordered it *twice* now.....and I still don't have it.

0 Likes
Solarium

Well, it's now been 29 days since I ordered the mutli-room DVR service and about 25 days since I hooked up the additional verizon box, and STILL no DVR service. 

At this point I'm thinking about canceling it since Verizon doesn't seem to be able to deliver on it.  How frustrating.

0 Likes