Need more Hard Disk space to save more movies
KYKid

We currently have DVR model number QIT6416-1 and it only has enough space to save a few moves and shows. What are my options? Can I get another DVR with more HD space? Can I hook up an external hard drive? Connect up to my PC and stream?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Need more Hard Disk space to save more movies
Hubrisnxs
Legend

at this time you can only do it this way.

How can I save shows off my Verizon DVR?

there is a verizon update that is coming soon - it is update 1.9   when that comes (end of year probably) then you'll be able to use an external HD and esata and can get upto 1 tb expansion.  

or if that is too long and you can't wait, you can always go buy a TIVO or a MOXI DVR.

if you get one of those then you return your verizon dvr, and have them send you a cable card.  the cable card is 3.99 a month and it unencrypts all the programs you subscribe to.   and then you use Tivo or MOXI.   both have mammoth hard drives today, and also allow expansion and PC access to the Hard drive content today.  

0 Likes
Re: Need more Hard Disk space to save more movies
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

There is also now a limited supply of QIP7232-2 DVRs which despite the old code from the part number have 500G drives (not 320 as the number would indicate).  This is over 3 times the size of the drive in the 6416 or 7216.  That being said, there is no way to specifically order one (at least at this time).

The other current options (as stated) are MOXI or TIVO (and you give up VOD and widgets with these options).

0 Likes