Re: New England Cable News
kdex86
Enthusiast - Level 3

If anyone in MA or RI still having a problem tuning to NECN, I've received word that it's been removed from the "Local" TV package.  It is still included with Preferred, Extreme, and Ultimate (not sure about the Custom packages).  Because of this, the signal was recently encrypted (when it was previously unencrypted).  It's possible that your set-top box was/is still provisioned not to "decode" it, because it is a "local" channel.

A call to a Verizon rep should fix this problem.  When I called on Monday, and explained my problem to the CSR, he immediately asked if it was Channel 513.  There is also an option in the automated menu about "fixing Chs. 13/513".

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Contract explicitly states they are allowed to add or delete (yes I know it is more delete than add) at any time during the length of the contract.

Stynger55
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is **bleep**. I know what it says but if I decide to pay less or change my services whenever I feel like it they would never allow it. What if I have the sports package and they take away the Red Sox games or a news package and they take away all of the news channels unless I upgrade? Why is any of that different? I agreed to a contract so why don't they honor their end? A  deal is a deal and unless I agree to a change I should feel secure in the fact that I will be paying X amount of money for the package that I agreed to until the contract expires. I'm sure that once it does expire my "deal" won't be as good as it was before but that is expected. Hey, losing NECN isn't the end of the world but it is one of those things that adds to the distain that we have for cable companies in general.