New Information Bar Update Today - Don't really like it
primrose3745

There is a new information bar and it looks completely different than the rest of the guide. It doesn't even stretch across the screen. Why was this update made, what is the purpose? Is there an option to use the previous information bar, and if not, why? I don't understand why Fios thought the change was necessary.

0 Likes
Re: New Information Bar Update Today - Don't really like it
joker211
Contributor - Level 1

Hymm mine has not changed.  You are talking about the infobar with the channel info in it?  The one you push to pause on the DVR or info on the stb?

0 Likes
primrose3745

Yes, exactly. If you are watching and press INFO once, there is a new bar now. It seems completely out of place with the rest of the GUI (guide software) and does not stretch across the screen anymore. To me the style even looks old and outdated. It's pretty much just black and white.

0 Likes
primrose3745

Also when you use rewind, fast forward or the chapter feature the new bar appears. It started today. I am in the DC area and have 3 Cisco DVR's. Is this supposed to be an improvement?

0 Likes
primrose3745

Apparently this is IMG 1.9.6 for Cisco boxes. The new info bar is terrible. Looks completely outdated and regressive. Horrible. What are they thinking? How about a choice of the old style or this at least?

0 Likes
Brewskier11

The same here it really is not an improvement bring back the old one!

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes