Re: New Programmin​g Guide SUCKS (rolled out 9/28/11)
gtsfer
Enthusiast - Level 2

BULL**bleep**!   The response time SUCKS !

Maryann123451
Enthusiast - Level 1

I cannot read the new programming guide.    The pale blue and white washes out the words and the font is TOO SMALL to read from across the room.    The guide takes up too much of the screen each time it's accessed and it certainly does not need to be shown each and every time i change the channel.

My biggest complaint is now that the new blue/white guide is in place,  my TV has pale blue tones on every channel so any program I watch is mostly pale blue.

VERIZON,   PLEASE FIX THIS

Thank you.

PapaJoeMtown
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree that the new guide is hideous!  Verizon product management really needs to hire a qualified user interface designer who has some sense of making a colore scheme that is minimally tolerable.  This new design is atrocious, functionality poor, screen content deplorable, and performance is intolerably slow. 

Please abandon this poor attempt and either return to the previous interface or provide your customers with the ability to select a color scheme that is preferred by us!

Get rid of this horrible guide!

danman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are the older HD set-top boxes stuck in 4:3 formatting for the new guide ?   This is really a poor update.  If the hardward needs to be swapped in order to achieve the same 16:9 as the newer DVRs then I'll drop Verizon.

mr-wc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Was notified it was coming.  Was expecting improvement.  This is dreadful.   So slow; so cumbersome; uses silly keys on remote.  We hate it.

AND, its not that we are resisting change - this is a bad change!!!

RockyRoller
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree plase revie my coment as well

0 Likes
RockyRoller
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don’t need a week to see if I enjoy garbage.

The wiz kids who produced this piece of garbage had the ability to allow the consumer to keep the old screen format if they wanted to.

The new screen is repulsive it makes me want to wretch.

1.    There is To much clutter on the screen. The same icons that clutter the screen can be found on the hand controller. Waste of screen space resulting in a smaller formatted screen

2.    , Current picture is on the left of the screen and is much smaller.

3.    The second screen is useless to me and takes up time.

4.    The Colors are nauseating.

5.    Smaller looking Font, and although the version personnel says the Font is actually larger doesn’t make it so if it looks smaller to the user. It’s a slight of hand by version. Why? I don’t know.

6.    The channels change extremely slower than the previous screen.

7.    If verizon wanted to improve anything they could have just produced a lighted program changer so you don’t have to turn on the light every time you want to change the channel

The audacity from the Verizon reps to actually say online {get used to this issue} is harmful an he /she should be reported to the corporate affairs at verizon.

If you want to make a statement go back to COMCAST   until the VERIZON PEOPLE   TAKE ALL OF THEIR CUSTOMERS SERIOUS.

Sincerely

Rocky

cvoogt

I am not opposed to change but it should result in improvement. 

Problems:

1. Not enough contrast. The whole thing looks "faded".  I'd suggesting ditching the gradients inside the channel rows in the channel guide. They don't help legibility ..

2. When using the channel guide, there is a channel preview at the top left. Great, but why does it need to cover up the first channel number? If you're going to do that. why even bother displaying that first channel? Clearly not well thought out.

3. It's slower than before. Slightly. 

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@cvoogt wrote:

I am not opposed to change but it should result in improvement. 

Problems:

1. Not enough contrast. The whole thing looks "faded".  I'd suggesting ditching the gradients inside the channel rows in the channel guide. They don't help legibility ..

2. When using the channel guide, there is a channel preview at the top left. Great, but why does it need to cover up the first channel number? If you're going to do that. why even bother displaying that first channel? Clearly not well thought out.

3. It's slower than before. Slightly. 

1) I can't address this since I do not agree with your view.

2. You do have the choice to select the Classic View:

Menu ==> Settings ==> Television ==> Classic View (or Standard View, which I think is what you have it set for)

Classic View will put the channel preview above the channel listings, but then you only get four channels per page instead of the seven with the Standard View. Your choice I guess, I use Standard View because I prefer the seeing the additional channels.

3. I don't see any slowdown at all. I have a 7232 DVR, I had 1.8 on it before I got 1.9, I really can't see any speed difference. What model STB do you have?

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes