Re: New VOD menus
Trudy11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh my goodness--I am beside myself I hate those new menus SO  MUCH!  I do IT for a living and I cannot even imagine why Verizon has done this.  The navigation takes so much more effort, it is not plain or simple, it is slow and cumbersome, the little icons are not intuitive let alone visible.  How does this even begin to meet usability standards?  I don't even want to use On Demand anymore.  Really it is that frustrating.  You require WAY TOO MANY KEYSTROKES to do a simple selection.  Why did you ever think that providing a hundred pictures of shows on your menu was better than simply listing the names.  Between this and ditching the weather channel you can be sure I will definitely consider a switch away from Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: New On-Demand design? Feedback.
DillonJM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree. The new format makes it harder to navigate to shows or browse networks for new shows. It's like the common core version of cable browsing. Add in that you have to pay to watch Network shows, even during the current season if you didnt catch the begining part of the season. I am seriously about to cut my cable cord and just go netflix, etc..

0 Likes
Fred211
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke with another provider this afternoon and told him my Verizon VOD service is now charging for a current season episode of the "Big Bang Theory" and he laughed.  I told him that it was no joke.  I then explained how they used to be free on TBS; but now they've all been swept up into CBS never to be free again with our "new" system.   He then pretty much offered me the moon and pretty much all the stars (and some cash to boot) for a two year agreement.  If you're comparing the ERT to the King, please be prepared for some degree of disappointment.  I  know I am.  

0 Likes
mpatten71

I am not liking the new VOD menu at all. It is so tedious and frustrating to navigate. How Verizon thinks this is an improvement is beyond me. And the fact that they now charge extra to watch some episodes of tv programs is ridiculous. I used to talk highly about FIOS but not any more. Instead I will be looking into changing cable companies. 

0 Likes
Re: New on demand menus
jcarb1951
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree!!  It is the worst thing Verizon could have done.  Cannot find anything on it and now for some programs they want to charge us for it!  Dont we pay enough already.  Cablevision is looking beter and better to me now, even though I swore I would never switch over to them but this change might just be my breaking point!!!

0 Likes
Re: New on demand menus
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you happen to know someone that currently has cablevision, I would ask them to compare a couple of episodes that you see Verizon charging for.

Some have posted that when they compared a few episodes with Comcast, they were seeing billing on both providers.

0 Likes
new operating system
jtm22

So far I don't like the new operating system.  I hope it is not finished or final. The scrolling through movie icons is too slow.   It was much easier with movie titles.  Perhaps I haven't learned the best way to use it. 

0 Likes
grummantbf1

The new On-Demand update just downloaded here a couple of weeks ago and it is loathsome. Absolutely cumbersome to the point of barely being usable. I cannot believe Verzon beta tested this with customers anywhere or they would not have implemented it. The old menu did a great job of organizing a lot of diverse sources and types of content. The abysmal new menu literally forces customers to look up what programs are available on their phones or laptops while sitting in front of the TV. This is a giant step backwards in capability. I can only guess this new menu was some sort of IT department project that wasn't properly supervised.

I predict this will change when Verizon starts losing PPV money to A-zon and others who have the same movies available in a much friendlier format.

0 Likes
imaginasaurus
Enthusiast - Level 1

My two cents about the new VOD menu: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

The new VOD menu is slower to load, doesn't navigate as efficiently (can't "page up" or "page down" while navigating vertically), doesn't account for difficulty in information processing with images as opposed to text, and has no option for switching to prior VOD menu. These are just some of the issues. All of this begs the question: who user tested this? Where was QA? Why does Verizon want to frustrate an established consumer base? Who is at the helm of this mess of an "upgrade"?

jennybean2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Who is the **bleep** that thought this horrible difficult to manuver format was better than the old one?  The old format was simple.  Titles, channels, shows were easy to find.  I can''t find anything on this new format and haven't watched anything on demand since they changed it.  BECAUSE I CAN'T FIND WHAT I WANT TO WATCH!!!   I have to go through tons of pictures.  Pictures.   Really?  We aren't children.   We know how to read.   Of course Verizon Fios doesn't care.  They are still getting our money for horrible service.   

0 Likes