New York Keeps Extreme Channels Washington Metro loses?
prisaz
Legend

I just can't understand looking at the New YorK line up why they keep there channels in the extreme bundle and we lose in Washington Metro. What we have more money to spend here or not enough competition. More than one Extreme. The Old Extreme, The New Extreme, The New York Extreme. And now their Extreme shows sports and our does not. Come on Verizon Stop screwing with people! What happened to the Nationwide channel lineup?

0 Likes
Re: New York Keeps Extreme Channels Washington Metro loses?
thetick

You answered your own question .."not enough competition".  I would have never paid the really high normal Verizon rate.  In the NY DMA that competes with Cablevision,  I got Extreme HD, 20/5 Internet, and phone for $89.99 with the $30 off the first six months.  One year required contract and price fix for 2 years.  I'll switch to Cablevision if Verizon can not match Cablevisions prices.  It's just that simple.  Competition is a great thing.

Note not sure I believe the propaganda but Cablevision states that 40% of Cablevision customers who switch to Verizon switch back to Cablevision.  I'll certainly be one of them if Verizon's price and services can't compare.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@thetick wrote:

You answered your own question .."not enough competition".  I would have never paid the really high normal Verizon rate.  In the NY DMA that competes with Cablevision,  I got Extreme HD, 20/5 Internet, and phone for $89.99 with the $30 off the first six months.  One year required contract and price fix for 2 years.  I'll switch to Cablevision if Verizon can not match Cablevisions prices.  It's just that simple.  Competition is a great thing.

Note not sure I believe the propaganda but Cablevision states that 40% of Cablevision customers who switch to Verizon switch back to Cablevision.  I'll certainly be one of them if Verizon's price and services can't compare.

Only reason I am looking at making changes is to get a higher upload speed. Verizon knows that if they do that, they can bait people into paying for more TV. I know I am not happy about it, and even more disappointed now that I have seen the Vast differences between NY and DC. I know I am not the only one that sees this? I am surprised that there are not more postings about this. Look at the wireless boards and how much noise is made over a $10 data plan. We are talking more then $10 just to keep what my Current Extreme bundle includes.

0 Likes
ggma11261
Contributor - Level 3

@prisaz wrote:

@thetick wrote:

Only reason I am looking at making changes is to get a higher upload speed. Verizon knows that if they do that, they can bait people into paying for more TV. I know I am not happy about it, and even more disappointed now that I have seen the Vast differences between NY and DC. I know I am not the only one that sees this? I am surprised that there are not more postings about this. Look at the wireless boards and how much noise is made over a $10 data plan. We are talking more then $10 just to keep what my Current Extreme bundle includes.

I totally agree with you - this whole business of giving a better channel package to NY/NJ area and with better prices is ridiculous -  everyone  should have access to the same packages -  (surprised some lawyer hasn't filed a class action lawsuit over this "discrimination" --LOL)   JMHOSmiley Mad